Scaling Question

Killians8
Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm starting to get some 4*s up in 180-210 levels. If those characters are boosted, does this affect my scaling in events during those weeks or events. I'm enjoying getting to play more with them and put iso in them, but I don't want to screw up my scaling anymore than I did earlier in the game.

I currently have one 5* at 315 and three others at level 285 and I'm not moving them anymore, but now I'm wondering about other lower level characters jumping up scaling temporarily.

What say you?

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not enough info. Where is your scaling at now? My boosted 4's reach around 370 if they've got covers and levels, and my hardest nodes cap at 320 or so.

How does that compare to yours?
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I noted the level of the enemies on an event where the required characters were boosted above my typically-highest characters, and compared it the next event where boosting didn't push characters above my typically-highest. The level of the enemies were the same for both events.
  • Killians8
    DFiPL wrote:
    Not enough info. Where is your scaling at now? My boosted 4's reach around 370 if they've got covers and levels, and my hardest nodes cap at 320 or so.

Just added my roster to the signature if that helps.

I just leveled Wasp to 210, have at two other 4*s at 188, and several 3*s in or ready to reach the 190s.

I guess the question I'm asking is how high can I level my 4*s before it hurts scaling again? My previous 5* scaling goofs may give me some cushion, but I'm not sure how much.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killians8 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

I just leveled Wasp to 210, have at two other 4*s at 188, and several 3*s in or ready to reach the 190s.

I guess the question I'm asking is how high can I level my 4*s before it hurts scaling again? My previous 5* scaling goofs may give me some cushion, but I'm not sure how much.

Right, but the info we're lacking is what your scaling looks like NOW. Is it lower than my comp? Same? Higher? If different, how?

They've tweaked scaling a few times; I don't think it's any longer as straightforward as average level of top handful of characters.

But if we know what your scaling is now, we can compare that to your roster and maybe have an answer on "when".
  • Killians8
    DFiPL wrote:
    Killians8 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Right, but the info we're lacking is what your scaling looks like NOW. Is it lower than my comp? Same? Higher? If different, how?

They've tweaked scaling a few times; I don't think it's any longer as straightforward as average level of top handful of characters.

But if we know what your scaling is now, we can compare that to your roster and maybe have an answer on "when".

I see. After four clears at the highest node I think scaling is up to about level 238. I'll update this later today once I get to that node in the current event.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Killians8 wrote:
    What say you?

I say Hello Cutie Pie. One of us is in deep trouble
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's your leveled 5s that making your scaling like that. At this point, you could champ every 4 you have rostered and it won't affect your scaling, even when boosted.
  • Killians8
    Okay so the top level after four clears is 290. 3* Blade is my highest boosted character this week at 285.

So champing a 4* to 270 and then having them boosted above my top 5* wouldn't affect scaling for that week (says last poster)?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I backtrack track on what I said. Your scaling would go up to around 330 as your hardest node, but after that you could champ as many 4s as you want and boosts would not affect your scaling.

Even when I had 4 of the 5 boosted 4 stars champed a few weeks ago, that level stayed the same.
  • Killians8
    So there is a cap I should put on leveling four for now it seems otherwise I'll be unable to complete progression for a while. Should I cap 4s at about 210 until I get several up there and slowly progress. I think even the 290 I mentioned about is a few levels above the norm with Blade reaching 285 this event.

If I get one much higher than Wasp's 210 I think the climb will start again. My 4* Luke Cage is boosten 78 levels this week. So if I'm looking to avoid scaling for a while I shouldn't move anybody above 207 it seems.

Am I wrong here?
  • Boosts aren't impacting scaling. I've got 5 champed 4*s and the enemies are capped at 319 no matter how many are boosted. The cap goes up each time I champ another 4* but boosts haven't mattered at all.
  • Killians8
    Boosts aren't impacting scaling. I've got 5 champed 4*s and the enemies are capped at 319 no matter how many are boosted. The cap goes up each time I champ another 4* but boosts haven't mattered at all.

That's good news so I can go ahead and fully level any 4*s. Scaling goes up just from champing which in itself is not a level advancement?
  • Sorry, I was unclear. I don't recall if leveling alone raised the scaling on the first 4* that I champed.

I started paying attention after the first two and did notice that the enemies went from 312 to 314 when I added about 50 levels to 4clops. When I champed him, it went to 318.

Leveling Peggy to 250 didn't impact scaling at all until I champed her which brought scaling to 319.

In between, it didn't matter who was boosted and who wasn't. Scaling didn't change based on boosts.
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Here's another example: I have five 4*s champed (rhulk, xpool, cyke, starlord and iceman). Last week two were boosted, and final nodes were capped at 319. This week's boosted options are a lower level than my 3*s and cap is still 319. So it's safe to say boost levels don't affect scaling.
  • Killians8
    This has been helpful folks. Thank you.