Would any one else enjoy. . .

Cdubb1975
Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
a star exclusive event. An event like gauntlet that has progression based rewards. 1st sub you could only use 2* characters, 2nd sub would be 3* characters and 3rd sub would be 4* characters.

Heck, I will take it a step farther and suggest using this in place of the prologue. Reset it every season, and allow it to be farmed(4 clears for each node?). Most all of us could use another iso source, and I could start using so much more of my roster, characters that I would like to play but don't have a place to play them.

note: I have been playing a long time in champed 4* world with 6 soft-capped 5* and recently champed four of those 5*. I am starting to miss all the fun I had playing different characters each event, especially all the different teams I could play in the Simulator.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss the Lone Star PvP where you could only use star.png characters. Lots of fun.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    There would have to be some pretty largekitty prizes to make me consider shelling out 1000 HP and 13 covers worth of ISO to re-roster 1* characters.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a Gauntlet type event for 3s or 4s (just one of them) would be quite cool, not for 2s, you don't have enough variety there, but for 4s specially it can be great...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cdubb1975 wrote:
    a star exclusive event. An event like gauntlet that has progression based rewards. 1st sub you could only use 2* characters, 2nd sub would be 3* characters and 3rd sub would be 4* characters.

Heck, I will take it a step farther and suggest using this in place of the prologue. Reset it every season, and allow it to be farmed(4 clears for each node?). Most all of us could use another iso source, and I could start using so much more of my roster, characters that I would like to play but don't have a place to play them.

note: I have been playing a long time in champed 4* world with 6 soft-capped 5* and recently champed four of those 5*. I am starting to miss all the fun I had playing different characters each event, especially all the different teams I could play in the Simulator.

It wouldn't work because it instantly shuts out new players icon_e_confused.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Almost any event that got rid of my broken 5* scaling would be welcomed.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Cdubb1975 wrote:

It wouldn't work because it instantly shuts out new players icon_e_confused.gif

Not if it was a side event, a progression based individual event like gauntlet. Even new players will reach a point where they would be able to play parts of it as it cycles with the rest of the pve events.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    side event like cho/antman/Coulson. I'd love that.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    No. Some of us don't have enough 4 star.png and 5 star.png characters to progress. Would just be the top 20% winning again. Maybe 7f you had to pick a star bracket but than you would have whales in the 2 star bracket anyway.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. Some of us don't have enough 4 star.png and 5 star.png characters to progress. Would just be the top 20% winning again. Maybe 7f you had to pick a star bracket but than you would have whales in the 2 star bracket anyway.

Something like this should be progression-only so it would not matter if somebody could not complete it while others could, providing that each stage of the event awarded the appropriate level of rewards for the roster that could complete it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it were done right, this would be a lot of fun. Progression Rewards only sounds like the way to go. Have it replace the Prologue after a Player finishes that, and then rotate through Star ratings along with the PvP Seasons. 5 different star levels, 5 weeks per Season. Do something else in that tab (regular Gauntlet, maybe?) to mix it up during the interseason periods.

Newer Players would get shut out of some weeks, but that doesn't seem too unreasonable. It would just be another goal to work toward the higher star characters.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    TPF Alexis wrote:
    If it were done right, this would be a lot of fun. Progression Rewards only sounds like the way to go. Have it replace the Prologue after a Player finishes that, and then rotate through Star ratings along with the PvP Seasons. 5 different star levels, 5 weeks per Season. Do something else in that tab (regular Gauntlet, maybe?) to mix it up during the interseason periods.

Newer Players would get shut out of some weeks, but that doesn't seem too unreasonable. It would just be another goal to work toward the higher star characters.

Why would you need to set it up like that, just do it like the gauntlet and have all the subs for each tier up at the same time.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    TPF Alexis wrote:

How about (like at the start of Strange's event), you choose which world you want to enter: 1's only, 2's, 3's, 4's, or 5's. The prize is commensurate to the level you've chosen. This would prevent people from whaling in the easy world, as the prize there would be standard tokens. "Newer Players would get shut out of some weeks" is death for a game philosophy.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    This is actually not that bad of an idea.

Also, I remember when I first started I had trouble completing even the prologue. I distinctly remember getting pummeled by juggs. Only after I started playing through regular pve events and advanced my roster a bit did I get to finjsh the prologue so being left out from max progression for some time is not such a big deal.

As others have said it will be a nice new goal to have for the game.

A personal progression event that runs alongside regular pve? Yes!
    Make lower star characters important again? Yes!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    TPF Alexis wrote:

How about (like at the start of Strange's event), you choose which world you want to enter: 1's only, 2's, 3's, 4's, or 5's. The prize is commensurate to the level you've chosen. This would prevent people from whaling in the easy world, as the prize there would be standard tokens. "Newer Players would get shut out of some weeks" is death for a game philosophy.
    It wouldn't be any different than how certain things aren't unlocked until you hit a certain SCL, or how newer Players can't do Crash of the Titans or Behemoth Burrito or Combined Arms because their rosters aren't there yet. It wouldn't be that limited for very long, either. I haven't even been playing for three months, and I would be able to play all of them except 5*. Also, remember that this would be a third setup, running alongside the current Story and Versus events. There would still be plenty for newer Players to do on weeks when it would be a higher star level than they could get in.