Featured 5* character

Alkyoneus
Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
Yet another suggestion for people who are having trouble covering a specific 5*! Since every new 5* character release gets a featured vault at 10% odds for that character, why not have a monthly rotating featured pool for older 5* characters?

Current problem:
New release characters have featured vault at 10%, they are the only character available making obtaining 13 covers for that single character easier but it's more expensive compared to Latest Legends. Difficult to obtain unless you're a whale or spend all of your savings on a single character.
Latest Legends have better odds of obtaining through Legendary Tokens and higher individual draw odds at 5%, but unless you either save for 6 months OR spend a ton of money every 3 months, are not fantastic.
Classic Legends have the most variety of characters at 10, but will be at 11 shortly when Strange moves, thus diluting the pool farther. Unless you already have a number of covers, it's highly unlikely you'll complete a 5* at this point.

Solution: Monthly featured 5* special vault. Do it in any order you like, but feature, say, Silver Surfer for a week. 25cp draw, 10% odds, just like new release features, but you can save/whale that character if you really want them or missed them when they were released. This is a win/win for both players and developer! It's more expensive to whale single characters, but players who are chasing a single character should be enticed to whale a character when they know odds are 100% within the token. I guarantee when Old Man Logan comes up MPQ will skyrocket to the top of the sales boards for apps that week.
Come on, D3!

Comments

• DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I like the idea.

Even if the store was a rotation of 3 Classics, that would be nice. if 10% on 1 is "too high" (for some reason) why not have 15% across 3 random classics?

I would also enjoy seeing "flash" type sales where its a week or a few days. 1 month is great to feature a 5*, but once we get a lot of classic 5's, we are talking a year before the next featured store. weekly or bi-weekly could be nice to keep things fresh and give people time to start a hoard for someone they want.