* New Iron Fist.
* 10 yr anniversary of puzzle quest
​* And: Kate Bishop!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e82.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - fine and dandy like sour candy
    - They need a glossary of those terms from that Star Wars game. Or not play anything but MPQ
    - With them skipping adding Agent Venom to the Crash, it's gonna be Smooth Sailin' (Ashley Remmington) until at least June
    - That is from last time where it was the anniversary and they did Devil Dino for the Crash...twice in a row
    - I'm surprised the mention of Hyde from that 70's Show didn't rile Ian up
    - I haven't gotten a bonus cover in almost a week icon_e_sad.gif
    - Psylocke also pairs nicely with Peggy & IM 40
    - I would be down for a five star JACK Burton, but I think BOOM owns the Big Trouble in Little China license
    - hashtag steroids of Jesus, BTW, Craig is right on this one, it was the Power Team
    - I have Kate Bishop at level 120 4/5/3, one day I'll get that last cover I need...
    - What shook loose all these Ren & Stimpy references in Craig's head today?
    - my vine is two Wasp covers, one that expires in five days and seven 2 star Cap covers to replace him once I sell him to champ said Wasp
    - My reward of the week was TWO four star Carol covers in one day! After not getting any for two months
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I'm clearly missing a joke. Why are you calling Jean Grey "Fezzik?"
    --I *just* Champion'd my Jean Grey this week. Holy moley. I'm so glad to have her there. 5/3/5 is clearly the way to go.
    --Winter Soldier is likely to be the first Crash in quite a while that I can't beat.
    --If they do put in Devil Dinosaur for the Crash, maybe it's because the five days that this Crash covers includes April Fools Day.
    --We're three episodes into Iron Fist. So far, I think it's the least of the Netflix Marvel shows but it's still very good.
    --Speaking of Iron First, I'm not super-excited about the 4-star version but I think he'll be a good addition.
    --I am Jeff Polier, yes. icon_e_smile.gif I'm JeffCascadian in the game and I'm the founder of the PDX Geeks alliance.
    --MPQ Against Humanity, Ray?
    --Rewards of the Week: I'm always glad to see a cover for my Champion Bag-Man. By the time you record again, I'll have at least one 4-star Iron Fist. And not exactly an award but I loved the 10 Command Point apology from the app for problems I didn't even realize they were having.
    --Rumor has it that the new character clue will be a Cloak & Dagger dual character, similar to Rocket & Groot. I highly approve. I've long supported the idea of more duos or even teams.
    --Thank you once again, Puzzle Warriors.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    --I'm clearly missing a joke. Why are you calling Jean Grey "Fezzik?"

Fezzik was Andre the Giant's character in “The Princess Bride”. The “muscle” in the movie, he was beaten by the Dread Pirate Roberts because he had grown used to fighting crowds, and had trouble adjusting to fighting just one opponent again. I’m guessing that’s their name for Jean since she rules when wiping out PVE teams, but struggles more on the 1 on 1 Crash fight.

Still listening to the podcast, more to come.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    After all the old tv digressions Craig has inflicted upon us, he passes up taking about the world's greatest mailman, Cliff Clavin, and instead we get a discussion about the tragic death of Cliff Burton

The official rank of Cliffs
    1. Cliff Clavin
    2. The Cliffs of Insanity
    3. Cliff Burton
    4. Cliff Bars
    5.Clifford the big red dog
    6. White Cliffs of Dover
    1007. Cliff Huxtable
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Got caught up with the rest:

Got the Jean Grey Crash on the first try, but even with her champed that could always go bad with wrong board.

Winter Soldier fights Panther, right? I can’t remember if I had him champed the last time that ran (or if I beat it.)

I wrote up my feeling on the Iron Fist show elsewhere so I won’t rehash it other than say it the weakest of Netflix shows, but there’s stuff to like in there (Ward Meachum is oddly my favorite character in it by the end).

We really missed the boat by not getting 5* Clint Howard in that release.

Despite not likely the art, I am excited for the new Fist and see how he works with 4* Cage, who I’ve been using a lot lately, even when unboosted. It will be nice to have that duo in regular play rotation again.

Kate Bishop is great, one of the few where I like all three of her powers. Very versatile for that very reason, even with her out of the current 12 vault, its worth champing her just so you can respect her as needed.

Dying on vine: A whole lotta 2* covers as I replant my farm after weeks of champing Drax. Blade, and 4* Carol.

The VIP fix reward was my Reward of the Week too, a nice surprise for me and the alliance.

Any duo characters are good for me, it usually means new characters. (I will happily accept a 5*duo of Beast/Wonder Man, too)
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Jean Grey was my first champ 4* almost a year ago. I've always ran her at 5/3/5; even though blue at 5 would be nice, too, it relies too heavily on your opponents' moves, in my opinion. (Though it might be fun to switch blue to 5 before setting it on defense, just for an extra kick in the teeth.)

Re: Craig's issue with intercepts
    When I find myself going through a dry spell of a day or two with no intercepts, I figure something has gone wonky. My solution is to delete the game, then reinstall it; this usually takes only a few minutes. To this point -- anecdotally -- it seems like this brings the intercepts right back. I recently had a similar dry spell with bonus heroes (which lasted a week). Before opening my season 10-pack, I reinstalled the game ... and whaddayaknow -- I've gotten 5 bonus heroes in the last day.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Well, Crash of the Titans isn't Bucky OR Devil Dinosaur. It's Howard the Duck. I won on my second attempt. icon_e_smile.gif