No more 4* Bonus Heroes after R122 update

Stussi
Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Since last update I opened at least 25 tokens with 4* and I did not receive any bonus heroes. Before last update I received 3/4 4* bonus heroes with just 10/15 tokens. I'm just unlucky or someone else noticed the same thing? icon_mad.gif

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you read here,

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29462&start=2240

yeah people have gotten bonus 4's since that update.

It's a flat 5% chance each draw of legendary when its a 4, and a 5% chance once you get a 4 from other tokens.

There is no bad luck system, so the odds will remain that way. As you draw more they will approach or even surpass that 5% it's just not a guarantee.

There's just not a very high chance of you getting one is all.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    With a 5% change of a bonus hero, you are expected to get one out of every 20 4* covers you open on average. So 0/25 isn't too far off the expected rate of return. On the other hand, 3/4 bonus 4*s in 10 - 15 tokens is a much higher rate of return than expected, so you're likely just regressing to the mean.

But don't feel too bad; it could always be worse. For example, I still haven't gotten a 4* bonus cover...
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker

But don't feel too bad; it could always be worse. For example, I still haven't gotten a 4* bonus cover...

Ralph-Wiggum, I'm feeling your pain.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    If everyone complains about falling below the advertised rates, we'll run out of the internet.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    HobieCat76 wrote:

Ralph-Wiggum, I'm feeling your pain.

Ralph-Wiggum, HobieCat76, I'm with you. I've opened ~50ish LTs since BoHe were introduced, not to mentioned scored some 4* from other tokens... Not a single 4* BoHe yet.

icon_e_confused.gif

I have also miraculously drawn 5x 5* covers, but no 5* BoHe yet either.

I have won a handful of 3* BoHe, which is nice, but decidedly unsatisfying. Heh. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my only 4 star bonus so far was from a heroic
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    my only 4 star bonus so far was from a heroic

I think they should treat 4*s from heroics the same way they treat 3*s from standards.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I have gotten 3 5* bonus heroes and 1 4*, that unfortunately was a color I can't use (I was hoping to champ Peggy - but she is now 11/1/5).
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Same here. No 4* bonuses, and had 1 3* BH from the start of the season. I don't want to complain that much, but I'm personally won't be upset if we don't get new characters for a couple of months for an exchange of devs solving some major problems and bugs in the game.