Help getting to 900 in Cover Squirrel

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
True heal is my favorite thing in the game. Currently my 4Pool is 1 cover away from max and hitting the 900 point progressional would do the same for my X-23.

So my question first is can my roster do it? And if so how?

I have only 1 champ/boosted 4* (Starlord).

Non-boosted 4s include;
Red Hulk, Punisher, Hulkbuster
Hulk, Miles, Falcon, Wolverine

Also have Deadpool (4/3/5) at 209 and X-23 (5/3/3) at 229.

I have every 3 (except Hawkeye) champed.

Should I join super early? Later? I usually just pop in late climb to the 575 level and land where I land but I'm willing to use HP on shields and do whatever else it takes.

I tried when War Machine was the progressional and couldn't do anything to get 900 despite coming close. Spent a lot of shields for nothing.

So any advice and is it worth even trying?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's definitely going to be tricky, but not necessarily impossible. It's probably better to try to shield hop to 900. Do you know where your equilibrium Point is on the scoreboard? After you pass the equilibrium point, you start losing Points faster than you can gain them.
    Star-Lord and Squirrel Girl definitely has some interesting combo potential since her green can feed his red to punch a lot harder, and you can use whichever Purple suits the situation better. You would be missing black and blue Powers, so the last slot could be filled with Hulkbuster, PMax or TAHulk - not sure who would work best. Play around a bit and see what works for you, but for the last shield hops Hulkbuster would probably be best for pure speed.
    You probably want to start early to give you ample time for shield hopping, basically trading placement rewards for a better chance at progression rewards. Try to hover around your equilibrium Point until you are ready to start shield hopping, try to make a plan for how to shield up (if possible using overlapping Shields), and stick to the plan. Make sure to look for good targets while shielded. It's probably very risky to do more than one fight per shield hop, but if you happen to find to opponents you could finish off very quickly it might be Worth the risk.
  • mdw532
    mdw532 Posts: 7
    Options
    Start early, like now. Don't wait for later flips or you will run into late 5* climbers.

Use IM40/SL. Set im40 to 3/5/5 and SL to 3/5/5. Each match you are looking to recharge early. Climb to 500+ without boosts. Recharge, then wait for one enemy power to fire. Once you have the yellow SL countdown, use SG green to make some countdowns, and recharge again if you have the yellow. Take out biggest threats quickly with SL red, then work on the others.

Once you get to 500 +, use boosts to accelerate yellow. Every match needs to be 40+. Once you get to around 800, #up and wait at least one hour. try and q a couple of winnable 50pt matches. do a double hop and # up if you get hit or want to preserve your score.

Don't risk a triple hop.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Okay, I was able to climb to 832 and I put up a 24 hour shield just now. I don't know if that's the right way to do things or if I overspent or what. I'm not super familiar with how hopping works, but I was out of packs lol. Using the Red/Yellow boost near the end was a great tip! Pretty much did it in one quick climb. I'm so close! Tips on when I should break and how to get the last 68 points??
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Okay, I was able to climb to 832 and I put up a 24 hour shield just now. I don't know if that's the right way to do things or if I overspent or what. I'm not super familiar with how hopping works, but I was out of packs lol. Using the Red/Yellow boost near the end was a great tip! Pretty much did it in one quick climb. I'm so close! Tips on when I should break and how to get the last 68 points??
    Try to plan ahead so you can use overlapping Shields if needed - ideally you want to have one of the cheaper shields available to use at all times - start with an 8 hour shield and only break shield when you have 3 hours or less left on the cooldown, then use a 3 hour shield and only break that once the 8 hour shield is available again and so on.
    Also, you have plenty of time to hit 900, so don't take any unnecessary risks. Take your time to find good targets and don't stay unshielded for too long, it will cost you. The best option is if you can find high value targets you can fight fast and just do one fight per shield. Two might be doable if you are fast, but more than that is definitely tempting fate.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    I don't care about placement (resheilding). I JUST want 900 points. But I'm afraid of attacking someone, losing all my progress, when I come back to see I was hit 20 times, and thinking what's the point. I chose the last slice and am currently #1 by over 200 points.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I don't care about placement (resheilding). I JUST want 900 points. But I'm afraid of attacking someone, losing all my progress, when I come back to see I was hit 20 times, and thinking what's the point. I chose the last slice and am currently #1 by over 200 points.
    That's why you want to plan ahead with your Shields, in case an unfortunate hit drops your score. But with almost two Days left activity shouldn't be too high yet.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    First of all, thank you all for the advice! It has been super helpful so far!

I found a 40 point target (Cyke/Starlord) and couldn't find another decent target. On my lunch I broke my shield and attacked with yellow/red boosts and all boosts. Won really fast and quickly put up an 8 hour shield. I'm now at 976. I figure if I can find ONE good match after work and beat it fast I should get my coveted X-23 cover.

If I can get it (big if), then I'd of spent 450 HP on shields (I only have 960 HP left and will need to roster Iron Fist and some twos). But compared to the 2,000 I spent on Jean's last cover in her vault, that's not a super bad deal.

EDIT: I did it! Thank you all!!