No topic for the Jean Grey Vault?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It's about to expire.......

I guess no one bit, cuz all of y'all have her fully covered and leveled, already?

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been thinking about it, but spending half of my HP stash to make my Jean 3/4/3 hasn't really motivated me. If there had been a 3Strange or 3Thanos in there it might have helped convince me, but so far I've haven't chomped on it.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    I spent 1,000 HP and got a lot of the 3s and elites. Had to save up another 1,000 but ended up getting Jean with my second try.

Edit: She was my 13th cover so I was pretty excited.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed something, did it "need" a thread?

Also, what part of an absent thread says everyone has her champed already?

It kinda feels like you're grasping at straws looking for something to link together to complain about.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    JHawkInc wrote:
    I missed something, did it "need" a thread?

Also, what part of an absent thread says everyone has her champed already?

It kinda feels like you're grasping at straws looking for something to link together to complain about.

Uhm............what, in the actual tiny kitten?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought out the vault. My Jean has been stuck at 250 5/4/3 for like a year now. Every cover I pull for her is purple. She could be 17/4/3 by now. Anyway, got her blue from the vault, champed her, then spec to 5/3/5. No complaints. Her green is actually usable now.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    What More is there left to be said about these vaults, really.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Despite how steadfast I've been about the poor value of these vaults, I actually spent 1000 HP on this on. A small part of it was due to vaulting and the fact that it seems unlikely I'll ever champ her if I skip opportunities like this, but the larger part was it was St. Patricks Day and I was really drunk icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:

I guess no one bit, cuz all of y'all have her fully covered and leveled, already?

Yes.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

No i have her with like 4 covers.

It'd be an entire waste of time to even think about throwing thousands of HP at week long vaults.
    I pretend those don't exist.

Also Jean is the one of the 4's that have kinda gotten a bit worse as time went on due to her high power costs and low HP. The other top tiers and a stun, or just anyone boosted spells good night for her.

Skip a 5 match or turn it into a 3 or 4 and she's not super threatening.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Eh, I didn't have enough HP after my pulls in the Quake vault and the blue cover that was in my vault would only take her to 3/2/3.

More of an annoyance that two characters I would have spent HP on were back to back in these vaults after several vaults with people I had no interest in. Oh well, thems the breaks.
  • Daredevil217
    Looks like this week is Chulk, whom is one of my few champs so I'll skip him. Right now the only vaults I think I'd buy (in colors I need of course) are:

1) Peggy 5/1/4
    2) X-23 5/3/3
    3) Deadpool 4/3/5
    4) Professor X 5/2/5
    5) Ant-Man 3/4/4

My maybe pile (depending on circumstances):
    1) War Machine 4/4/4
    2) Kingpin 3/4/3
    3) Fury 2/5/5
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have bought Chulk, mines 3 covers off but then I'd have to dilute my bonus heroes higher up to get him or remove a different one. So it seems kinda pointless to have a few goes at this vault when my chances of getting the other 2 I need are about a likely as Everton winning the premier league next season.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not bother in the slightest. Jean is showing her age now and has long been surpassed by many many other 4*. A jack of all trades and master of none.

The forums obsession with Jean has always been baffling to me. Mine has been sat at 1/5/5 for well over a year and I've zero intention to champ her even if I did get the covers I need.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had it been green, I'd have emptied it. They continually choose covers I dont need so my wallet remains shut.
  • Daredevil217
    It'd be really nice to know who is upcoming so I can plan to spend accordingly. I asked Brigby about doing this in the sneak peek thread and got no response. Right now my plan is to hoard HP and if we get something in the vault I want, splurge on that. If not, splurge on a roster spot for a 2* (some of my characters in my complete 2* farm are starting to near level 130).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Jean is amazing in PVE with Switch, and with vaulting I'd expect this one to be more popular than most. If I had her at 10-12 covers and had some extra HP, I'd do it. I champed her a couple months ago though, so I won't do it for a single champ level.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I know her powers are a little weak... 4k AOE isn't going to win you many matches. But I use her along with Ice man (color overlap) and 4clops in my PVP simulator. Ice green, Jean purple (especially against IM40), maybe ice blue but more likely cyclops blue/red/yellow. It has been a good team for me.

Also, she is boosted right now for the Venom Bomb PVE, and she is crushing everyone the computer throws at me. Granted, many championed 4's are monsters when boosted, but still... I don't regret making her one of my 9 champed 4's
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I know her powers are a little weak... 4k AOE isn't going to win you many matches. But I use her along with Ice man (color overlap) and 4clops in my PVP simulator. Ice green, Jean purple (especially against IM40), maybe ice blue but more likely cyclops blue/red/yellow. It has been a good team for me.

Also, she is boosted right now for the Venom Bomb PVE, and she is crushing everyone the computer throws at me. Granted, many championed 4's are monsters when boosted, but still... I don't regret making her one of my 9 champed 4's
    She's good, she's just no longer queen mutant on the hill.

She's still a great priority and is awesome filler for a lot of teams due to her color coverage and how she handles enemy tiles.

She's also anti- scarlet, medusa (to an extent), 3 iron fist and a ton of other board shakers because match 5's are a no go.

The hugest anti charlies angels too, so i never hit them in simulator because I only use charlies angles in sim.

Her AOE damage has been constantly outdone however and 4's are getting more intricate by the day.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been waiting forever for one more blue for her... being at 5/2/5 and pulling nothing but purple and green and watching them go to waste has been annoying for a very long time. So her vault was the blue I needed.

I started with like 2300 HP, so I did a 1K pull... nope. Did a second pull, nope. Saved up for a third pull... surely I'll get her this time, my luck can't be that bad... nope. It took until 3 hours before the vault closed and 6 hours before my green cover in queue expired for me to get the last 1K HP earned and pulled her. She was the 18/20th pull. Never doing these vaults again. 4K HP for a blue cover. I'd been holding the iso to champ her for a long time, so I maxed, her and champed her immediately. Unfortunately my spare Purple cover had already expired 2 days prior.

But she is finally champed and ready for this Venom Bomb event. SW being nerfed is slowing it down a bit, but despite that horrible vault experience, this month I've champed Peggy (finally) and JG (finally), so I'm actually happy with the end result, but displeased with the path I had to take and how long it took.

This was the first and last time I ever tried these little scam vaults.