Random Stuns Targeting Downed Characters(merged)[Devs aware]

Options
cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
So I just triggered Reality Crush on a single enemy that was already stunned but down to 1 round on the stun duration. My expectation, and I THINK this is what happened previously, is that the duration would go back to 5. It didn't change, however.

Anyone else notice this? Or am I out to lunch?

Comments

• AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I have noticed this as well. The game seems to have an abundance of minor bugs lately. Luckily nothing too bad. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Possibly it's back to attempting to stun downed enemies.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Possibly it's back to attempting to stun downed enemies.

You're probably right. Forgot about that. I guess automated regression testing is currently not as 'robust' as one would like to see it.

Not to throw rocks at glass houses!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Guys, I'll bring this up with the rest of the team to see if we can reproduce the described issue. I'll let you know once we have more information on this problem.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Tombstone wrote:
    Hey Guys, I'll bring this up with the rest of the team to see if we can reproduce the described issue. I'll let you know once we have more information on this problem.

Thanks muchly!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If enemy team has 2 people alive, one with under 11k hp and the other way higher, I throw the car at the 11k guy, killing him, and that should stun the other person by default, right? The bug where the stun is targeting the smaller guy first is back, and some of the time now the bigger person will not be stunned.

This bug was around before, then fixed, now back again.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was Silver Surfer in the enemy team? A bug has been fixed and Surfer is now a valid target for random stuns again, potentially wasting them due to his immunity.
  • Akari
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Was Silver Surfer in the enemy team? A bug has been fixed and Surfer is now a valid target for random stuns again, potentially wasting them due to his immunity.

No. I know about the new Surfer thing and that's happened but that one is ok. This was a full bug, it was something like SW+OML alive and I killed SW with car and OML was not stunned.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to add that this can happen when the enemy was stunned by other means.
    I was fighting a team of 5* Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, and 3* Blade with my Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and 3* Iron Man.
    I stunned the enemy OML and SWitch with Peggy's blue, then downed Blade.
    I then fired Reality Crush while OML and SWitch were still stunned (by Peggy) for one more turn each; neither of their stun timers increased to 5 turns.

Either the Reality Crush stun targeted Blade (who was already downed) or it did not correctly increase the stun timer.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is also a bug report on 5* Spider-Man's random stun targeting downed enemies, so this may well be the same issue.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Hey everyone, if you are encountering problems with AoE abilities that have random stuns not stunning characters when a character on the opposing team is downed, this happens to be a known issue. Essentially, downed characters are being registered as possible targets and so the random stun has a chance to be applied to them and do nothing. The developers are aware of this issue and are working to release a fix.

Abilities afflicted by this are as follows:
    - Spider-Man (Back in Black) Automotive Artillery (Green)
    - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) System Shock (Red) levels 3+
    - Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Reality Crush (Purple)
    - Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) Skull Cracker (Green) level 5
    - Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) with Teenage Kicks at (Purple) levels 4+
    - Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) with Armed and Dangerous (Green) levels 4+

AoE - A term used to describe attacks or other effects that affect multiple targets within a specified area.
  • Akari
    Options
    Tombstone wrote:
    Hey everyone, if you are encountering problems with AoE abilities that have random stuns not stunning characters when a character on the opposing team is downed, this happens to be a known issue. Essentially, downed characters are being registered as possible targets and so the random stun has a chance to be applied to them and do nothing. The developers are aware of this issue and are working to release a fix.

Abilities afflicted by this are as follows:
    - Spider-Man (Back in Black) Automotive Artillery (Green)
    - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) System Shock (Red) levels 3+
    - Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Reality Crush (Purple)
    - Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) Skull Cracker (Green) level 5
    - Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) with Teenage Kicks at (Purple) levels 4+
    - Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) with Armed and Dangerous (Green) levels 4+

AoE - A term used to describe attacks or other effects that affect multiple targets within a specified area.

It's nice to see a mod response. This bug has been in and out for a while now, I hope it is fixed soon (and then not rolled back in the next update with conflicting versions, as seems to be the trend lately).
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From testing with the Hulk as single opponent in the current PVE, Reality Crush did not renew the stun duration. As there are no other opponents (it's single Hulk as enemy) there are no downed characters to target, so the bug is not a case of targeting downed characters with stun.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    stef_focus wrote:
    From testing with the Hulk as single opponent in the current PVE, Reality Crush did not renew the stun duration. As there are no other opponents (it's single Hulk as enemy) there are no downed characters to target, so the bug is not a case of targeting downed characters with stun.

This happens to be a separate issue with the random stuns not refreshing the duration on an already stunned target. In the case of the OP's report, even if the last character standing is hit with an ability with a random stun, there is a 66.66~% chance that the stun will not choose that character. This has been seen when the last character was not previously stunned.