Please Bring Back Iso Cover Purchases

ExcretusMaximus
ExcretusMaximus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I understand that you increased the rate of cover rewards in events, but I've been playing a month and still don't have any maxed 2-star characters, while sitting on over 200k Iso-8. Please, bring back the 1-3-star Iso covers, it would really help people who are in a similar situation.

Comments

• Feyrith
    Feyrith Posts: 1
    I agree. icon_e_smile.gif
  • They did you a favor. I wish I had all that ISO back. The covers will come but ISO gets much harder to come by.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, just roll with it. Duplicate Covers expire. ISO is forever.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    200k ISO is a drop in the bucket, my friend. You could have 4 million ISO and that won't even champ all the 3-stars. Chase after elite and heroic tokens and your 2-stars will be cover-maxed before you know it, making you scream for more ISO.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, 200K is a 'drop in the bucket', so buying some standard tokens with it will not matter all that much in the end. It might even help them get to that point faster. I agree that in the long run you will probably wish you had that ISO to spend, but that's just the problem, it won't help them now.

I have a casual alt account that has sometimes purchased standard tokens because it was hard to cover the 2*s otherwise (had to stop that because they closed that option). If you play more seriously there will probably be a greater influx of tokens, but even that may not be enough (judging from OP it isn't).

It's really annoying to see for example your 5/1/3 Steve Rogers or 3/0/4 Thor handicapped because it's so hard to get more covers for them.
  • TPF Alexis
    The ISO drain adds up. And Tokens don't always help. I too went through the heartbreak of a 5/0/5 Thor (both at 2* and 3*, actually), and drew plenty of red and green covers for them. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you want more Standard Tokens, you can get a bunch each week by playing the Seed Teams in Lightning Rounds. There's a writeup in the Tips and Guides section. It focuses on ISO, but if you beat at least two of the Seed Teams, you get a Standard Token as well. Trust me, a time will come soon enough when A) you will want every bit of ISO you can get your hands on, and B) you will see Standard Tokens as nothing more than 100 ISO with a very rare bonus. I haven't even been playing for three months, and I've already been glad that I took that advice and didn't buy Standard Tokens when they were an option.

EDIT: Also, join an Alliance. Doesn't even have to be a great one, just a close to full one. Mine is just a T1000 Alliance and I'm regularly getting Tokens from Alliance Placement in Subs. And if you can, watch the Shield Intercepts. There are often Tokens in there.
  • ExcretusMaximus
    ExcretusMaximus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    TPF Alexis wrote:
    And if you can, watch the Shield Intercepts. There are often Tokens in there.

I wish I could! It's not really fair that people on the mobile platform have such a large advantage over people on the PC client.
  • TPF Alexis
    That is a bummer. They really need to work out something equivalent for you folks.

Still, join a decent Alliance, hop into PvP events just for the early Progression awards, and work the Lightning Rounds, and you'll be getting plenty of Tokens.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Those standard tokens used to actually drop the occasional 4 star. I am actually not quite sure when they took those away.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Those standard tokens used to actually drop the occasional 4 star. I am actually not quite sure when they took those away.
    The standard packs never actually had 4-stars in them. It was just a rumor. I can't find where, but I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed this at some point.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    The standard packs never actually had 4-stars in them. It was just a rumor. I can't find where, but I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed this at some point.
    It was the other way around. When they changed the label for standard tokens to read " star.png, star.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters!" IceIX confirmed that it was still possible to get star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters from standard tokens, but the chance was so miniscule they didn't want to raise false hopes by advertising it.
    I have seen people mentioning getting star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters from standard tokens after that, so it can definitely happen even if it is incredibly rare.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    It was the other way around. When they changed the label for standard tokens to read " star.png, star.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters!" IceIX confirmed that it was still possible to get star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters from standard tokens, but the chance was so miniscule they didn't want to raise false hopes by advertising it.
    I have seen people mentioning getting star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters from standard tokens after that, so it can definitely happen even if it is incredibly rare.

I am one of those people. My last one was KP blackflag.png back in October 2016. I have had a 4* cover from a standard 4 times in total. It's an incredibly low rate but it is possible.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first Electra cover came from a standard token.