Extending PVE rewards

supbullcoc
supbullcoc Posts: 77 Match Maker
so i know that we are all about more more more when it comes to getting rewards. A common thing for all PVE focused players is getting to max rewards well before the event ends. At this point you are just playing for placement to keep you motivated.

Well what if there were two different scaling for rewards on a PVE event? Most of the time there is a full day if not more pf playing time in an event after Ive reached the 15 CP, and then theres nothing earned other then your placement, and individual round rewards. And we can all agree that the difference between top 11-50 is so minimal you wonder why its even separated into an 11-20 position.

So with that said, what if the rewards kept going? Currently in thick of thieves the max is 63000 points. I aim for top 10 on all PVE events so im projecting that with max clears I will be between 80-90K points. So you think it is possible that they can throw additional progression rewards for those that pass an initial set threshold?

Im sure that this makes no sense because I cant seem to put on paper whats in my head, but if you have the ability to decipher this thread, whats your thought?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please no. I don't need the feeling of missing out because I can't commit enough time to the game. What I dream about is actually they decrease the required play time to obtain the progression (I say make it 3 clears to max progression and max out nodes at 5 clears).

What they should do is increase the rewards (more iso, more covers). There is no need to pushing the required progression further (and believe me it would be required even if there are no CP after the current max).

Now I can get top50 with just a bit over max progression. If your system is introduced - no chance for that anymore.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    There would be a bunch more PVE (and PVP) rewards if they'd simply open up some more Clearance Levels.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    yeah, it would be good for me, but unfortunately, alot of people feel like this.
    Magic wrote:
    Please no. I don't need the feeling of missing out because I can't commit enough time to the game.

so if they just added another prize after the current 15 CP top prize, but kept everything exactly the same at the 15 CP and below levels. Well a lot of people would be unhappy because they feel they are missing out. Even though they are really in the same exact spot as before. The psychological effect is a negative. And the game is always trying to balance the psychology.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would actually like this a lot. I myself suggested this maybe a year or two ago. PVE gets super boring after you've bit max prog, because there's nothing else to win. Especially if you've green checked all the nodes. Then you're literally just playing for placement, which is a pretty small prize for the amount of effort required.