Your Token Habits

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
What are your token opening habits? Ignore what you do with LTs, I'm guessing many of us forumites hoard those to one extent or another. I'm more curious about people's habits with Standard, Elite, and Heroic tokens.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I used to open Elites as soon as I got them and Heroics I waited and opened until I had enough slots to roster every 4*. Standards I would generally wait until I had over 50 and pull until I got a 3* then stop, like the 50 Club.

But since Bonus Heroes came out and I opened up over 500 Heroics and 50+ LTs right before I got pretty tinykittied. So now I'm holding on to literally every token I have to see what changes will be made since there was a huge backlash on the vaulting situation. Or if it will be made clear no changes will be made, then I guess I will wait until Hawkguy goes into the token pull so I can champ him.

I think I'm just going to wait until I feel I will get a good enough hoard and pull everything, adjusting Bonus Heroes to maximize what characters I want.

Also, regarding vaults in general: I always save up Taco Tokens to make sure I clear those vaults of all the HP and 4*s when I have 300+ on each and two good 4*s come around. But I think I've decided to start hoarding my other vaults in general so when I get 80+ and a good PVE vault comes around, I can empty it to guarantee the 4*s I want.

I'm a hoarder!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The poll is missing an option. I open them all immediately but not because of lack of will power (just ask my 29 latest tokens and over 300 tacos about willpower). I open them on the spot for two reasons:

1. I like opening tokens
    2. I need the resources they give (2* and 3* to fuel the farm, 4* to get their covers or additional levels).
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I can hold tacos until either I a)need health or b)see something shiny in the vault (4*)

Everything else gets pulled straightaway.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    It's not a lack of willpower, I just see no point in not opening tokens. I need ISO, and it makes no sense to slow down the pace of leveling my 4*s just so I have a better chance at some undetermined cover six months from now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoard tacos until I need healthpacks. Everything else gets opened immediately.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Over the years ive tried different things. It all depends on the time. Currently since the vaulting change I do not open Ledge Tokens or use my CP to buy more. Anything else is fair game.

This is purely because im trying to level up the characters I have 13 covers for in 4 star land before I open up any more and get dupes for ones I wont have a chance to level anytime soon.

SO after ive taken Drax to to 270 then Cage I will open some till I get to another 13 cover event . Rinse and repeat. So in about 3 weeks’ time and 540k iso later ill open some ledge and use some CP. Funnily enough its amazing how quickly the ledge and cp mounts up.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a pretty consistent once-a-day token ritual. I wait until the end of the day - usually after dinner as a small treat when the day's work is done. I open four standard tokens, four elite tokens, one heroic token, and (if I have enough CP) one classic legends, or one regular legendary if I have a token. There's a few tricks to the system though:
    1) If I pull a gold from either a standard or an elite I stop opening that class of token for the day.
    2) If I open all nine tokens and don't get a single gold, I'll repeat the whole ritual.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll save up taco tokens if the 2 4* characters in that week's vault won't be immediately usable, but that's it. Every other token gets opened immediately.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I voted "Other". I like to pull from non-Taco vaults pretty quickly because I can see my possible rewards. The Taco vault tokens I will hoard until I like the 4* options (or at least the 3* options). The packs I can pretty much hold onto indefinitely. I can't see the rewards so I guess I don't care as much.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other for me. Sometimes I hoard - I've hoarded 1500ish CP multiple times. Right now I'm just opening everything except tacos. It varies depending on what I'm currently trying to accomplish and how tight my ISO is.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    generally I use tokens when I get them, but the Standards I get from PvE i usually wait til that sub is done
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    tacos = health packs
    all other tokens = open
    I'm considering hoarding non-vault event tokens after peggy leaves. undecided there.
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Where's the survey question for "wait until I have 5k+ tokens then maybe cash them in"
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hoarded different tokens at various times to maximize my draws. When I was finishing up the 3* tier for instance I hoarded everything until I could scrap together enough ISO to champ a couple at a time and then would open heroics (elites didn't exist yet) and standards until I hit cover max on a couple of characters. Rinse and repeat.

Once I got past the 3* stage I started opening standards and elites every couple of days more out of utility than anything else. Heroics still got hoarded if I was cover-maxed and ISO starved since I didn't want to accidently pull a 4* cover I couldn't use. Tacos get hoarded until I need healthpacks or find a particularly juicy 4*.

I had been hoarding legendaries and CP since December, when the vaulting change happened I cashed everything in just after the two newest were shuffled in so that I would have most of the 12 cover-maxed quickly. Once Peggy drops out I'll go back to hoarding until I have enough ISO to level a 4* and then open until I get a 13th cover. Had some significant waste in that first hoard but now have most of the 12 in packs cover maxed with only Carol and Coulson needing a couple to finish them off. Everyone else is either at 13 covers or already champed (Peggy, Spiderwoman and today Medusa).
  • ExcretusMaximus
    ExcretusMaximus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Is there a reason to hoard them?

I ask because I just started playing a few weeks ago and if I'm missing an increased rate of higher value cards by not hoarding them, I'd love to know.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a reason to hoard them?

I ask because I just started playing a few weeks ago and if I'm missing an increased rate of higher value cards by not hoarding them, I'd love to know.

Hoarding is a strategy used by those who are more likely to pull something they cannot immediately use and would have to sell. Otherwise it makes more sense to open.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will hoard if there's a specific reason to do so which is strong enough to overcome my weak willpower.

For example, I believe Hawkeye will be in 3* DDQ during a savory cycle, so I'm saving my savory tacos for his arrival.

Otherwise? I open my tokens as soon as I get them.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Sometimes there is a good reason to hoard, but not all of these are good reasons.

Remember delay in opening token also equal a delay in earning cards, ISO, XP, HP, etc. Delay in your game progress!!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you guys know me by now. icon_e_wink.gif