Has vaulting changed your spending habits?

Knaaks
Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Curious to see how vaulting has effected people's spending of real life money. Personally, I have no problem spending money on a game like this, but I am by no means a whale. I have had VIP active since the day it was released, and I normally drop $20 here and there, especially if there is a sale.

The main appeal of VIP to me was the Legendary Tokens, but now that the vault of 4 stars is so limited, and I've already gotten one (Medusa) out of the three in the vault I want (Peggy Hill and Captain Marvel are the others) champed, the Legendary Token does not really have the pull it used to on my wallet. I'll re-evaluate if I want to do VIP again once Agent Venom, Riri, and Gwenpool are out of the pool, or if they rework vaulting, but I see no point shelling out more money for something I am just going to hoard.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    No, I stopped spending money after intercepts were introduced.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Not really vaulting, but intercepts, board drop crash, and a few other things have curbed my spending. I was buying a few starks a month and now I only keep VIP for my alliance. I'm sure that will end soon also if they don't start making better decisions.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, less. I let my VIP expire and won't be participating in the Puzzle Quest Anniversary Sale. I rolled the cash over to a Seeso subscription, and am very happy with that move.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    When happy with the game I always spend money when there are sales, to support the game as much as get resources I need. Not happening with the vaulting.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    not right now, i buy some hp here and there and keep vip going
    was kind of annoying that vaulting happened right one i needed one more x-23 cover, but now that i'm about to champ her i'm over it
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Spending the same, which right now is VIP.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I am definitely spending less (i.e., buying nothing further) because of vaulting. Case in point, I would normally be buying into the 10th anniversary sale that's going on, but just have no interest until I see some concrete positive changes.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    No. Spending the same. Buy more when there are sales. Buy a $20 pack when I don't have enough to roster new characters. Maintain my HP for shields by playing for progression rewards
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Spent a little money right when it was introduced so I could champ Carol and am keeping my VIP going. Overall, not really. Likely won't need to spend money on HP for a long time.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I'm spending less, but not consciously (just) because of the vaulting.

It's a combination of not wanting to get too many covers I can't use (which has gotten more likely with vaulting), and poor customer service experience (no leniency whatsoever, just them being anal about arbitrary, self-imposed rules).

When I'm happy, I'll spend without hesitation. When I'm not, I either reduce spending or stop altogether.

At the moment, I'm limiting myself to VIP.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it makes it certain that if I -was- going to spend a bunch I wouldn't be rushing to do so, considering most of the 4* covers I draw would be a waste.

If only there was some way to have a choice about 4*'s I was drawing into! Say something like....older characters being in the older tokens...what were they called again? Oh, right, "classics".
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I voted "Yes, I am spending less" but in all fairness its not just vaulting. There are many game related reasons that have stopped my spending. Too bad, because I always enjoy the 26,000 HP for the price of 20,000*....

*Disclaimer: I think its still a bad deal, but I've had uses for it in the past. Now I don't.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. I'm spending less.

Vaulting (and all the recent bugs) has me sour on MPQ at the moment, so I'm not spending any money on HP. Normally, with the Anniversary sale I would have purchased a Stark (at least), but for now I'm abstaining.

I did renew my VIP since Vaulting, but each time I draw a Blessed Twelve 6th cover that I'm forced to sell for 1k ISO, I get less interested in renewing my VIP the next time (Darn you the Heck, 1/1/5 Carol Danvers and your 6th, 7th, and 8th green covers in the last 3wks, darn you! icon_rolleyes.gif )

Especially when I consider, pre-Vaulting, there was an excellent chance that that otherwise-wasted cover could have been another champ level and prize from one of my 35 champed 4* (28 of which are vaulted).
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I've stopped spending until the board drop crash is fixed. I just don't know any other way to get that problem moved up in the fix queue. It's hard to believe that a full crash to desktop that occurs multiple times a week can be allowed to exist in the software for months on end, but there you have it.

The vaulting has actually worked out really well for me as new characters can now become useful pretty quickly instead of sitting at the low end of my roster for a year.