Help with Teams

hawkeyeguy99
hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been having trouble figuring out which heroes to use together for PVP battles. Here's my roster:
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Hawkeyeguy99/
(I haven't gotten around to editing 4*'s yet...)

I typically run for 2 man PVP teams:

5* Wolvy
3* Iron Man

3* Wolvy
3* Daken

3* Mags
3* Bullseye

3* Cap
5* Green Goblin

3* Rocket and Groot
3* Sentry

3* Spider Man
3* Deadpool

Those teams have worked fairly well for me in the past, but I have no idea how to pair up any of the others:
3*'s:
Beast
Iron Fist
Scarlet Witch
Hulk
Black Panther
Ragnarok
Blade
Colossus
Squirrel Girl
Quicksilver
Punisher
Thor
Cyclops
Luke Cage

Any 2 person team ups you all would suggest trying/edits to the current teams I main?

Thanks!

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    cage and fist (either cage) make a great team and work well with peggy carter
    X-23 and 4Clops work well with just about any third hero
    Hulk Works well with Red Hulk and She Hulk

Beast Ragnarok and Psylocke are a good "misfit toys" team
    Colossus Scarlet Witch and Grey Suit Black Widow mesh well
    Classic Mags Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch go great together
    Sub in Vision for Mags for a possibly more powerful team with less board shake

those last few are fairly easy because they're all 3-Stars
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    cage and fist (either cage) make a great team and work well with peggy carter
    X-23 and 4Clops work well with just about any third hero
    Hulk Works well with Red Hulk and She Hulk

Beast Ragnarok and Psylocke are a good "misfit toys" team
    Colossus Scarlet Witch and Grey Suit Black Widow mesh well
    Classic Mags Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch go great together
    Sub in Vision for Mags for a possibly more powerful team with less board shake

those last few are fairly easy because they're all 3-Stars

Thanks for these. I still bumble through 3* star teams. It's not hard to find teams for people like Mags or GSBW, but people like Ragnarok and Psylocke are a different story. I like to find a use for everyone, I did champ them after all. Even only 1 good team with them is better than a perennial seat on the shelf.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    3* Iron Fist teams:
    3* Fist + 3* Panther, Fist purple fuels Panther's black. Enhanced with Fist's strikes from green and Panther's strikes from yellow. Fist passive. Fist @ 3/5/5, Panther @ 5/3/5.

3* Fist + 3* Cage, Fist purple fuels Cage's black (Cage spec @ 3 red, 5 yellow, 5 black). Cage passive protect, Fist passive attack tile. Fist @ 3/5/5, Cage @ 5/3/5.

3* Fist + 3* Cyclops, Fist purple fuels Cyclops' black nuke. Cyc red also does a ton of damage at 5 covers. Fist @ 3/5/5, Cyclops @ 5/3/5.

*** As you can see, Fist is one of the best 3* around as his cheap accelerator fuels some great 3* black powers. He's also a bit of a defensive deterrent (pvp) as his passive attack tile chews up HP every turn.

3* IM40 teams: (you absolutely need to respec your IM40 to either 3/5/5, or 5/3/5. 5 in yellow is a game changer. IM40 is the best 3* battery and you're not using him optimally at 5/5/3.)

3* IM40 + 3* Cap, IM40's yellow fuels all sorts of shield flying shenanigans. Great team for stuns and dishing out damage.

3* IM40 + 3* R&G, IM40's yellow fuels R&G's blue for strikes and greens for board shake. R&G @ 3/5/5, IM40 @ 5/3/5.

3* IM40 + 3* Cyclops, IM40's yellow fuels Cyclops Red. IM40 @ 3/5/5, Cyclops @ 5/3/5.

3* IM40 + 3* Mags, IM40's yellow fuels both Magneto's Red * Blue. IM40 @ 5/3/5 or 3/5/5, Magneto @ 3/5/5.

Others:
    You don't list 3* Storm, but she has some great pairings:
    3* Storm, 3* KK, 3* Hulk - a three person team, but creates a somewhat slow moving "winfinite" combo. Great for some boss battles, like Galactus. Storm @ 5/5/3, KK @ 5/5/3, Hulk @ 3/5/5. Idea here is Storm's green will be your primary power. Her green costs 10ap, but will bring back 14 random ap with each cast. Learn to maximize KK's purple to create green matches (if you select a blue tile for her purple power to turn it green, 5 other random basic blue tiles will also change to green). Hulk is there to soak up damage and trigger his passive black flooding the board with more greens. Storm's yellow will clear out the team up tiles helping KK's purple find better matches. Stay away from Storm's black as you cannot convert special tiles into greens. Hulk's red is situational, be aware of the green drain and team damage.

3* Storm, 3* Rags:
    Similar to above, Rags' red fuels his blue, which creates charged green tiles for Storm. I haven't used this much as I never liked Rags, but it's workable.

3* Patch, 3* Loki (not listed):
    Patch @ 5/3/5, Loki @ 5/3/5. A little slow as you will need 9 green and 11 black to get this going. Patch's green at 5 creates 6 strikes for each team, Loki's black at 5 then changes all enemy strikes into friendly protects.

3* Witch, 3* DP
    Witch passive blue fuels DP's whales.
  • hawkeyeguy99
    hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    3* Iron Fist teams:
    3* Fist + 3* Panther, Fist purple fuels Panther's black. Enhanced with Fist's strikes from green and Panther's strikes from yellow. Fist passive. Fist @ 3/5/5, Panther @ 5/3/5.

3* Fist + 3* Cage, Fist purple fuels Cage's black (Cage spec @ 3 red, 5 yellow, 5 black). Cage passive protect, Fist passive attack tile. Fist @ 3/5/5, Cage @ 5/3/5.

3* Fist + 3* Cyclops, Fist purple fuels Cyclops' black nuke. Cyc red also does a ton of damage at 5 covers. Fist @ 3/5/5, Cyclops @ 5/3/5.

*** As you can see, Fist is one of the best 3* around as his cheap accelerator fuels some great 3* black powers. He's also a bit of a defensive deterrent (pvp) as his passive attack tile chews up HP every turn.

3* IM40 teams: (you absolutely need to respec your IM40 to either 3/5/5, or 5/3/5. 5 in yellow is a game changer. IM40 is the best 3* battery and you're not using him optimally at 5/5/3.)

3* IM40 + 3* Cap, IM40's yellow fuels all sorts of shield flying shenanigans. Great team for stuns and dishing out damage.

3* IM40 + 3* R&G, IM40's yellow fuels R&G's blue for strikes and greens for board shake. R&G @ 3/5/5, IM40 @ 5/3/5.

3* IM40 + 3* Cyclops, IM40's yellow fuels Cyclops Red. IM40 @ 3/5/5, Cyclops @ 5/3/5.

3* IM40 + 3* Mags, IM40's yellow fuels both Magneto's Red * Blue. IM40 @ 5/3/5 or 3/5/5, Magneto @ 3/5/5.

So the reason IM-40 isn't _/_/5 is because I pair him with 5* wolvy to tank. So he pretty much never takes any damage because wolvy is always in front. Then his yellow charges both red and blue, which after a couple of turn's ends up in a team wipe with a red double fire and a blue. It's honestly the best pairing I've used in 3 years of playing.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    So the reason IM-40 isn't _/_/5 is because I pair him with 5* wolvy to tank. So he pretty much never takes any damage because wolvy is always in front. Then his yellow charges both red and blue, which after a couple of turn's ends up in a team wipe with a red double fire and a blue. It's honestly the best pairing I've used in 3 years of playing.

In that instance, yeah it's the right call. I would add Fist as a third when doing Shield Simulator to fuel OML's black. IM40's yellow @ 3 covers also helps Fist's green for additional strikes.

IM40's respec to 5 yellow opens up your roster pairings considerably. Respecs are free, afterall. As you make the transition into 4* land, you'll find that you will build teams around IM40's yellow.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards

Trust us, 5 in yellow is the way to go. Respec if you go back to OML/IM team. Next event will be Squirrel Girl, take Magneto & IM (with 5 in yellow) and have fun with the green and purple you create as well.

Other teams include:
    Deadpool and Scarlet Witch
    Fist and Witch
    Black Widow and Witch
    Hulk and Patch for hulkbombing shenanigans
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    A level 285, two cover OML might be useful in pve but won't scare anyone in PVP - on the contrary I'd say. I'd much rather hit an IM40/low OML team than, say, an IM40/CMags team.

You'll be much better off exploring other combos with IM40's yellow at 5. He'll be your best/most useful character WAAAY into the 4* transition. As soon as you start leveling Peggy, Iceman, 4Cyc, Thoress - oh boy.