Colossus (Colossal Punch) Red - Not Dealing AoE Damage When In Front [Merged] [Devs Aware]

Nexnecis
Nexnecis Posts: 2
Power description states, "If Colossus is already in front, he deals an additional XXXX damage to the target and deals XXXX to each other enemy." The effect of damage to each other enemy is not firing at all, but it is adding the additional damage to the target. This has been in place for about a month that I have noticed. Please fix.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you haven't already, you should also open a support ticket describing this bug.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    I also experienced this today! Colossus in front. Used red. Full damage+ to the front enemy, none to the other enemy. In my case, it was SW and she was stunned, if this matters.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    last time I used the power with Colossus in front it worked properly
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    I also experienced this today! Colossus in front. Used red. Full damage+ to the front enemy, none to the other enemy. In my case, it was SW and she was stunned, if this matters.

This exact thing happened to me today. Colossus red did ZERO damage to non-target enemies. First time I've noticed this.
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Happened to me today. Used him at ddq
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    At 3 covers he doesn't do AoE damage, so I guess this is just another case of powers not firing at their proper rank.
  • wgasadude
    wgasadude Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I've seen this happen quite a few times now. I use im40, kk and col together and if after im is stunned after yellow CDs resolve and no cascade matches move col to front, but col is moved to front by default, the op damage results (plus damage to first and none to the others).
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, thanks for bringing this topic to our attention. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend creating a support ticket that details your encounter with the bug. A few things to include will be your username, the build of your Colossus, the team you use with Colossus, and your device information.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just a bump to report that the bug is still present.
    3/5/5 Colossus, matched red to put him in front position and to ready his Colossal Punch. Targeted enemy took full damage as expected, but other enemies were not hit with the side AoE damage. Daken in front, two Pyro's left with ~1000 hp that did not go down.
    Will consider opening a ticket unless someone else has by now.
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I reported this through the ticket system at the end of December and got this response:
    "Thank you for taking this time to report the issue that you are experiencing. We will inform the developer of the issue to make sure they are aware that the problem is occurring."

Clearly not a top priority for the dev team.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    When in front, Colossus doesn't do the additional damage to the primary target and no damage at all to the rest of the enemy team.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    When Colossus is in front, he's not doing damage to the enemies who aren't in front when he uses his red power.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Woman's red is also not doing damage to other enemies. This probably affects other similar powers as well.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Yeah i see the same thing and i am on samsung s7. The red power on colossos dont work proply
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It may be because you're killing the primary target. Remember, lots of powers will have a base damage, and then add additional damage if a condition is met. The additional damage is supposed to be at the same time, but is currently be treated as a second amount of damage happening afterward. Colosus' extra damage should happen to enemy number 2 and 3, but if you kill enemy 1, enemy 2 moves up to the enemy 1's empty position before the second part of the effect happens. Thus enemy 2 becomes enemy 1 and avoids the damage that will only affect enemy 2 and 3.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, it's been like that for a while; there's no real circumstance that it will do the AOE damage. Definitely a bug.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    So true. Some time it will work sometime it will not
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    It may be because you're killing the primary target. Remember, lots of powers will have a base damage, and then add additional damage if a condition is met. The additional damage is supposed to be at the same time, but is currently be treated as a second amount of damage happening afterward. Colosus' extra damage should happen to enemy number 2 and 3, but if you kill enemy 1, enemy 2 moves up to the enemy 1's empty position before the second part of the effect happens. Thus enemy 2 becomes enemy 1 and avoids the damage that will only affect enemy 2 and 3.
    Actually, per the phrasing of the power, this shouldn't matter. It says "If Colossus is already in front, he deals an additional **** damage to the target and deals 1104 to each other enemy."

Even if the next enemy were to move to the front after a KO, they were still not the target of the power. Thus they should be taking additional damage. This is a bug, not a rules-lawyering situation.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Actually, per the phrasing of the power, this shouldn't matter. It says "If Colossus is already in front, he deals an additional **** damage to the target and deals 1104 to each other enemy."

Even if the next enemy were to move to the front after a KO, they were still not the target of the power. Thus they should be taking additional damage. This is a bug, not a rules-lawyering situation.
    This is how it has been affecting Spider Woman. She kills the target up front, the next one moves up and takes no damage from part 2 (the "each other enemy" part). This is because the system needs a way to determine who takes what damage in multi part damage abilities, so the "each other" damage looks specifically at positions 2 and 3 in order to avoid stacking unintended damage onto the primary target in position 1. Yes, it is a bug, and across the board bug, that is working this way due to the rules on the given power. The same bug is what player see with Daken where he does base damage, then converts green, then eliminates strike tiles for additional damage. In the same case, it should not matter is enemy 2 moves up if the base damage kills the primary target, all the damage should be going to the primary target. Yet the bug allows enemy 2 to take the secondary damage if the primary target died.
  • panglossian
    panglossian Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    It may be because you're killing the primary target. Remember, lots of powers will have a base damage, and then add additional damage if a condition is met. The additional damage is supposed to be at the same time, but is currently be treated as a second amount of damage happening afterward.

Yep - that seems to be it for me. If the punch would kill the current target enemy, it distributes damage to one of the enemies and not the other. I've been using him with Thanos and trying to avoid an unnecessary 'Courting Death' which, obviously, hasn't been working as well as I'd hoped.