Best Team-Ups?

Ciaphas_Cain
Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have noticed several players rostering additional characters with just one colour of cover to send as team ups (to guarantee colour received). I have seen thus with:
1* BW (blue)
3* Deadpool (Purple)
3* Punisher (Red)

Which other characters would players recommend for targeted Team-Ups ?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    1* Spiderman with 5 purple is a stellar teamup for 5* users. Crits with 5* match damage are bonkers.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Ghost Rider Black is the main one that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned yet.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Juggs green. With 5 covers of course.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Bag-Man's yellow (which increases friendly countdown timers) is actually a really helpful team-up with certain characters. However, I have been working on a yellow-only Bagman for at least four months; I play PVP fairly regularly and I have earned exactly one yellow Bag-Man cover in that time.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind wrote:
    1* Spiderman with 5 purple is a stellar teamup for 5* users. Crits with 5* match damage are bonkers.

Yeah higher level, crits are game changers. I'm only in the 4* transition, and it makes a huge difference. One reason why Jean Grey is popular I think.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't get enough GSBW purple team-ups. I love those.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Juggs green. With 5 covers of course.
    You don't need a dupe for that, red can't be sent (because of self-damage). 5/5 Juggs will always give green as team-up.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Bag-Man's yellow (which increases friendly countdown timers) is actually a really helpful team-up with certain characters. However, I have been working on a yellow-only Bagman for at least four months; I play PVP fairly regularly and I have earned exactly one yellow Bag-Man cover in that time.

Wow... +4 turns on SpiderWoman's black? 8 turns of some serious damage mitigation. Gotta love that.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I send out medusa sometimes. She only has one active so I know they are getting that. It's good against goons.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki trickery is a great TU.

btw you always send 5 color max levels no matter what. level will go over max level (based on your top 3) if sender characters are championed.
  • Piro_plock
    btw you always send 5 color max levels no matter what. level will go over max level (based on your top 3) if sender characters are championed.
    Yeah, but usually you have no control over which power is sent... so in some cases a 5/0/0 dupe is worth having solely for TU purposes.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Some great underutilized ones, in my opinion:

2*
      Storm Blue (good for those running Natasha) Bagman Yellow BW Purple

3*
      Daredevil Blue She-Hulk Green

4*
      Agent Venom Yellow (great right before the computer can use a skill)
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Yeah, but usually you have no control over which power is sent... so in some cases a 5/0/0 dupe is worth having solely for TU purposes.

i mean if u send say modern black widow with 1 blue, it will always send a 5 blue team up.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Not yet mentioned: Quake (aoe damage+board shake), JG, Wolverine (black can be pretty deadly) and sw come to mind. Any 4* boosted can be a good TU too.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock wrote:
    i mean if u send say modern black widow with 1 blue, it will always send a 5 blue team up.
    No, it won't. She obviously isn't champed. I had alliancemates send me undercovered MBWs (0/3 or something like that) and the TU was at only 3 covers. The always-5-covers rule applies only if you send a champed character.

If you send a 0/1 MBW, you're a bad person. icon_e_wink.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Mr. Fantastic is actually a fantastic TU to send. (Pun intended) He only sends out blue which is a nice, cheap stun and targeted swap.
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the ideas, some real food for thought .
    Cheers.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Moonstone black
    Moon Knight green - I got a Moonie TU which dealt 62k damage

Many 4*s have strong TU's when boosted tbh
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Luke Cage's Righteous Uppercut I think counts all three characters as allies when used as a team-up. When a Luke Cage in your team uses it, he doesn't count himself.
    Similarly, Gwenpool's Plot Armor will send all your characters airborne when used as team-up. When used by a Gwen in your team, she remains a target.
    Maybe not the best team-ups, but a couple that are or could be better when used as a team-up. Hood yellow could fit here too.
  • Piro_plock
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Luke Cage's Righteous Uppercut I think counts all three characters as allies when used as a team-up. When a Luke Cage in your team uses it, he doesn't count himself.
    Similarly, Gwenpool's Plot Armor will send all your characters airborne when used as team-up. When used by a Gwen in your team, she remains a target.
    Maybe not the best team-ups, but a couple that are or could be better when used as a team-up. Hood yellow could fit here too.
    Similarly, this is also the case with Nova yellow and (I think) Agent Venom yellow.

Twin Pistols still ends the turn, which is why I don't consider it a very good TU.