@Brigby @Cthulhu - Deck to Test - Baral

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Guys,

The forums have been awash with complaints about how overpowered Baral is in his current forum. @Cthulhu said we could work together to point out cards that need to be rebalanced in last weeks response to my thread.

Instead of me trying to convince you.. please give this deck to the deck testers... have them use it against any boss you have. (Avacyn, Tezz, Kozilek, etc)

Kiora, Master of the Depths
Baral, Chief of Compliance - Mythic
Animist's Awakening - Rare
Haunted Cloak - Rare
Imprisoned by the Moon - Rare
Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper - Rare
Stratus Walk - Common
Ornamental Courage -Common
Natural Connection - Common
Ghostly Wings - Common
Seek the Wilds - Common

You don't even need all of the rares. You can drop Moon and Cloak for Shard of Broken Glass and Arificer's Epiphony or any other spells that costs 3 or less. You could also sub in Silverfur Partisan or Niblis of Frost for Noyan. You can create equally nasty decks in SR, DB, etc.

Basically, virtually anyone who bought Baral can make this deck. Please, have your testers check it out and see if they think it's balanced. Thank you!

This card is breaking the game and ruining people's events single handedly. It's less about how you build your decks and more about did you run into Baral decks.

Comments

• buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We've been posting broken decks, and explaining strategy in this thread for a couple of weeks now. If Cthulhu didn't bother to read that thread and test the decks there, I don't see why he should bother to read this one.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would like baral deck testers to run decks on an
    unplugged mobile phone and see what their
    feedback is.

HH
  • buscemi
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    I would like baral deck testers to run decks on an
    unplugged mobile phone and see what their
    feedback is.

HH

Great idea icon_e_smile.gif This should demonstr
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It can stall with Imprisoned in the Moon if they are no opponent creatures. Works better without it.
  • babar3355
    Options
    It can stall with Imprisoned in the Moon if they are no opponent creatures. Works better without it.

It does against players, but its worth having moon in there against a boss like Tezz or Avacyn that can throw down those pesky flying vigilance creatures. Hard to beat Avacyn in 4 turns if you keep ramming into him with your creatures every turn. Although I guess HC gives trample... ok maybe you are right.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we're posting broken things to do with Baral, he's worse in Saheeli.

You can test him out with:
    Baral
    Harness the Storm
    Docent of Perfection/Metalurgic Summonings/Noyan Dar (you get the idea)
    The rest spells that cost 3 or less.

Harness the Storm will keep the chain going a lot longer with the cascades it causes.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This deck hasn't lost yet, and featured a turn-7 against Ob that actually overran the battle log buffer--it stopped recording--and brought him from full to 0. Too bad it took 20 minutes.

Kiora - Reservoir Dogzzzzzz
    Baral, Chief of Compliance
    Aetherflux Reservoir
    Coastal Discovery
    Attune with Aether
    Ghostly Wings
    Natural Connection
    Haunted Cloak
    Negate
    Seek the Wilds
    Animist's Awakening
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter wrote:

Baral
    Harness the Storm

Harness the Storm will keep the chain going a lot longer with the cascades it causes.
    I like the Metallurgic Summonings/Molten Nursery combo, personally.
  • babar3355
    Options
    wereotter wrote:

Baral
    Harness the Storm

I was trying to do the easiest deck to get all of the cards for combo (ie, I bought Baral and have hardly any other cards, yet he is still broken) The one I posted can virtually always beat the Angel of Invocation within 7 turns... ya know the one with 400+ life?

But yeah, if you like Harness, there are some good options. One I like in that deck is using the bushwacker.. so as you cast more cards his surge cost fills up which can empty some space for more card draw. Also, gives Baral haste if its still turn 1 or whatever.
  • buscemi
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    wereotter wrote:
    I like the Metallurgic Summonings/Molten Nursery combo, personally.
    I'm rather partial to Sphinx's Tutelage, which can lock your opponent up while giving to time to perform irritating objectives like Energize 40 or play 5 Vehicles.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As much as I enjoy using baral, I also used to love the infinite seasons past loop. If SP got the nerf, baral deserves it as well.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    There are several builds in this thread, although I imagine the intent is just to show Baral decks work extravagantly well with any run-of-the-mill spells, rather than a specific deck build.

Regardless, I will pass this information along to the developers, so that they can include it in their evaluation. Thanks!
  • Justyce
    Justyce Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Can you put in a deck limit like say 80 cards being 2 stacks. That way banal decks buy the Ai will just mill themselves to a loss on the turn they come out.
  • babar3355
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    There are several builds in this thread, although I imagine the intent is just to show Baral decks work extravagantly well with any run-of-the-mill spells, rather than a specific deck build.

Regardless, I will pass this information along to the developers, so that they can include it in their evaluation. Thanks!

That's all I ask man... just use whatever deck you want.. I tried to do one with cards that were easily available to virtually any mid to late game player... In other words, all you need is buy baral, break game.