Puzzle Quest 10th Anniversary Sale

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I just received an in-game pop-up about Puzzle Quest's 10th Anniversary Sale. 30% bonus HP and ISO.. I don't see the additional resources attached the HP/Iso yet despite it saying "Head to Store Now!" and I could bicker that it would be cool to a special event but instead I want to congratulate Puzzle Quest on their 10-year milestone. I fondly remember downloading Puzzle Quest as my first game for X-Box 360. Never would I had thought that a match-3 game could be such as an awesome RPG. Fast forward until 3-years ago, I am addicted to MPQ.. they also have ATPQ and MtGPQ. I am glad to see Puzzle Quest is going strong and look forward to what they come up with next! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know how long the sale lasts? Can only indulge if its still going on by Friday.

Anyway I agree, much kudos to d3 for this amazing game we all love. I had no idea it was 10 years. I first start playing the game in late 2014. Cyk3 was my first release event, and at the time the only 4 stars I think were Fury and XFW. Champing wasn't a thing. I played the game very stupidly in terms of managing my roster, and I ended up leaving the game alone for about a year and half until last summer. I joined an incredible alliance, and my roster has absolutely blown up since. Glad I came back.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the sale available. It lasts for 7 Days.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    It turned up after a restart of my android mpq-app.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Just restart app and it appears. Possible double iso events incoming???? Hopefully.
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Well, this is twice now I have made a buy 48-72 hours outside of the announcement of a sale when their window for getting the extra deal is 24 hours.

So... Uhhh... Thanks guys?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone know how long the sale lasts? Can only indulge if its still going on by Friday.

Anyway I agree, much kudos to d3 for this amazing game we all love. I had no idea it was 10 years. I first start playing the game in late 2014. Cyk3 was my first release event, and at the time the only 4 stars I think were Fury and XFW. Champing wasn't a thing. I played the game very stupidly in terms of managing my roster, and I ended up leaving the game alone for about a year and half until last summer. I joined an incredible alliance, and my roster has absolutely blown up since. Glad I came back.

Tens years of puzzle quest, not this game. The original puzzle quest was a stand alone game. The original Puzzle quest wasn't made by demiurge. If you want to check out what the people that made the original Puzzle Quest are up to, check out Gems of War. Decent game that feels like a mix of the original puzzle quest and this one.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Bondidude wrote:
    Well, this is twice now I have made a buy 48-72 hours outside of the announcement of a sale when their window for getting the extra deal is 24 hours.

So... Uhhh... Thanks guys?

Yeah. Mine was about a week ago, but yeah.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    And one would think this sale is the best moment to tell the developers with our wallets that they need to up their game if they want the money!

Think about it for a moment. This is where united front of players could make an impact.

The vaulting (i know that many spenders are happy with it) is one issue. Ridiculously low rates on bonus heroes is another (and this was advertised as the QoL change for us). And top it up with the countless bugs in every update (but the last one was super-bug-heavy). People boycotting the sale would make the devs listen.

But it will not happen. SALE - screams the big part of the player base and quickly justifies that what devs are doing is the right course of action. Well... so be it...
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    My normal reaction would be: cool! Time to buy some HP!

Now? No way! Sorry but as long as a better advancement path hasn't been made for semi-casual players like me, where we have a decent shot of progressing to 4*s, including the older characters, then my wallet stays closed.

Come on, people, time to show where you stand: are you happy with MPQ as it is now or do you want better service? Speak with your wallet:

- stop the constant stream of bugs (rememer when we weren't able to log in on iOS not so long ago?)
    - stop the ridiculous vaulting without other decent means to get older 4*s
    - stop the minimum effort programming approach: why are we not getting different music sets? Why always the same monotonous music? Why so few really new events in PVE/PVP instead of the constant rehash of the same old, same old?

Let's face it, this game caters to whales and tries to do so by spending as little effort as possible. Compare this to other F2P games on mobile like Marvel Future Fight or PvZ2 and it becomes crystal clear how little effort is being spent here, be it programming, beta testing or purely game development planning.

So until that changes, I'm with Magic and my wallet stays shut!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the party of "Hey yeah not a good idea to spend."

It'd be great if they figured out vaulting or changed bugs that made the game actively harder to play (countdowns + maggia etc)

Us buying digital currency is support, and right now I want to support them when they've done something right.

And right now if you like games, there's a lot coming out, there's a good chunk of competition.
    It's too bad these sales are typically just additional resources instead of lower prices.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    If the proceeds from the sale were going to go towards adding QA to the game I would happily purchase something, but not with the way it is.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I'd have thought a 10th anniversary would be more them thanking people for sticking around and helping them to exist for so long surely lol
    Hopefully they throw some anniversary stuff out, events, tokens or whatever, coz at the mo the whole sale on iso etc just feels like inviting everyone to a birthday party, charging them for the food and throwing a few extra cocktail sausages in when they buy some sausage rolls or something....

BUt happy anniversary all the same it's a fun game minus its few annoyances but none the less about the only phone game i have played for 2 odd years (and i do chuck a bit of money in here n there and do have vip so its not like i am saying just give me all the freebies coz i want it all i free, but i imagine many people have put bread on the tables over the last 10 years)

and gems of war is pretty fun i do play it occasionally but gratz on surviving so long, i used to play the original puzzle quest and it was good fun aswell still dabble now n then
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I see where you guys that are saying not to spend and support are coming from, but the constant need for HP does not change: regardless of whether they fix their foul-ups with new patch bugs, vaulting, or bonus heroes. Even if these issues WON'T be addressed in the very near future, I'm still going to need to buy roster slots, shields, and open vaults. Worst case scenario you just hoard your resources until things are fixed to your liking.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    "if I had one hundred million dollars, I would buy you a 5 star release, but not a real 5*; thats just a lazy three..."
    100000000$
    rich-men-laughing-and-then-they-said-they-would-boycott-our-sale.jpg

I've already begun my justifications to myself for a Logan,and I would re-up my V.I.P if it was on sale too.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    If I had a hundred million dollars I'd finish off two chicks at the same time, Peggy and Carol. I'm pretty sure I could hook that up with that kinda money.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Chicks dig dudes with money.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I see where you guys that are saying not to spend and support are coming from, but the constant need for HP does not change: regardless of whether they fix their foul-ups with new patch bugs, vaulting, or bonus heroes. Even if these issues WON'T be addressed in the very near future, I'm still going to need to buy roster slots, shields, and open vaults. Worst case scenario you just hoard your resources until things are fixed to your liking.
    This is actually what I'm doing now: playing less and hoarding what resources I get until a fix is introduced. The extra free time I have to game goes towards other games ... and so does my money ...