weaknesses and resistances

Options
In the current setup it would mean a major code adaption but I think that weaknesses and resistances to certain colours can improve the tactical play of the game alot.

A Torch with immunity to red matches and even the special attacks.
but weak to blue (double damage ?).

It will give more diversity in characters used.
Since the most powerfull will not always rule then.

Comments

• This really wouldn't work with this format. No one would want to do PVP.

Oh! This person is using Red - Yellow - Green. Better pull out my Blue - Black - Purple team!

There will be no defending attackers.
  • Your right.
    Weaknesses should not be so high.
    And maybe the resistance should not be total but a percentage.
    But you yourself already say you would not pick your usual team.
    Soo more variety.
    And 1 affected color should be more then enough.
    It gives thought about who you use in your team.
    And it could make some chars that are worthless now worth the thought of using due to the colors they use.
  • I see where Kuchiri is coming from though. As long as defense matters for the defender's point total, handicapping them again isn't a very enticing mechanic. The defender is already weak against the attacker b/c of the AI (lack of strategy, bad use of abilities, etc.), the lack of boosts, and the inability to select the target. Piling on bad matchups as well just seems unnecessary and practically guarantees a loss. Defense is already kind of a joke. Making it even harder for the defender is just a slap in the face.

In PVE, perhaps that could be a trait on some goons. Have some ability that does higher base damage or has some other fairly strong effect but then also makes them take an extra XX damage from certain color matches (a sort of implicit strike tile). Practically though, it might fit with existing mechanics to have an ability that lays down a strike tile for the opposing team (much like Patch does) or a shield tile. That would simulate resistances and weaknesses pretty well.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this would end up being like Pokémon. Oh, I'm going to the fire gym? Better bring my rock and water guys.

Besides, the colors as they exist now in MPQ are not tied to any elements. Red does not represent 'heat' or 'fire', it represents damage.