Time Warps (Shield Equivalent for PvE)

Fightmastermpq
Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
I can be competitive in PvP in any slice by using a shield to set my end time, and boy would it be awesome to do the same in PvE.

I often struggle to be competitive in PvE due to the slice timing not really working with my life. S1 starts when I need to leave for work. S2/3 while I'm at work, S4 about an hour after I should go to bed, and S5 while I'm sleeping. So I propose what I've dubbed a time warp: For some amount of HP (75/150/300) you fast-forward your event by (1/3/6) hours advancing all countdown timers, and moving your end time up by that amount. Basically something that would allow you to do your grinds early but get points as if it were the end of the event. Could even give a little shield symbol on the leaderboard when your points are locked at the end.

Would be nice if it could allow the next sub to start immediately afterward as well, or if there was another item you could use to start the next sub earlier or even later......basically if I could spend HP to adjust start/end times in PvE I would.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Interesting idea, but I have a gut feeling that it would be an absolute nightmare to program*, so I think the odds of ever seeing something like it are close to zero.

*Current system = hundreds of thousands of players each of which is on one of five unique time slices. Proposed system = hundreds of thousands of players each on one of five unique slices each of which is on an individual timeslice within that timeslice. That's orders of magnitude more data to track....
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    How about making gauntlet a 4 week PvE with more progress and placement rewards? No need to make something new when we actually already have something, that is half-done PvE "SHIELD".
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Interesting idea, but I have a gut feeling that it would be an absolute nightmare to program*, so I think the odds of ever seeing something like it are close to zero.

*Current system = hundreds of thousands of players each of which is on one of five unique time slices. Proposed system = hundreds of thousands of players each on one of five unique slices each of which is on an individual timeslice within that timeslice. That's orders of magnitude more data to track....

They could offer a simpler version, once you have complete 4 clears you are able to activate a 2 hour block whenever you want where you can do your final three clears of the node at full points and then rather than having places decided by how optimally you timed your final clears, the tie-breaker for places will come down to how much time you had remaining in that 2 hour grind window.