Is 5* Cover changing a thing?

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I thought I heard that support might change a duplicate 6th cover into a usable colour?

Is this true or merely a rumour? I'm not asking for myself, my friend a 2/5/1 5* Dr. Strange just got a damn sixth purple cover (the most useless color on a 5* Strange).

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually contacted customer service about this recently, got this answer today:
    Mar 17, 17:42 PDT

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Unfortunately, we are only offering a comic cover exchange service for 5-star characters who are currently in the Latest Legends Legendary Recruit Token pack. Because the requested character is no longer in the Latest Legends and has since been moved into Classic Legends, we are unable to provide the service for this character.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team

Not guaranteed they'll do it but seems like its some sort of unofficial policy.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    But Strange is still in Latest Legends. So they should have exchanged the cover.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Just don't count on it happening right away .
    I pulled 6th Thanos black 9 days ago and submitted a ticket right away.
    CS eventually responded , confirmed I had an eligible cover asked me to sell the cover , but I still have not received a replacement . Hoping that'll show up early next week.
    With strange leaving latest legendary in around a week you better submit that ticket ASAP!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    Just don't count on it happening right away .
    I pulled 6th Thanos black 9 days ago and submitted a ticket right away.
    CS eventually responded , confirmed I had an eligible cover asked me to sell the cover , but I still have not received a replacement . Hoping that'll show up early next week.
    With strange leaving latest legendary in around a week you better submit that ticket ASAP!
    This.
    My last latest dupe exchange took 8 days from initiation to completion. Previous exchanges were handled in 3-4 days
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    CS seems to be severely backed up. When i had a similar situation, it took 4 days for them to finally send the replacement cover after i sold the dupe....that was 3 months ago. Currently locked out and its been a week and i have gotten 2 pre fab emails, nothing unique to my situation yet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    CS seems to be severely backed up. When i had a similar situation, it took 4 days for them to finally send the replacement cover after i sold the dupe....that was 3 months ago. Currently locked out and its been a week and i have gotten 2 pre fab emails, nothing unique to my situation yet.
    I hope they don't change policy to ease the workload then...
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Grrr, wish I knew this about a week ago. My Strange was 2/5/4 and pulled back to back purples.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Just got my cover!.
    Dididn't realize the CS worked weekends