Sam Wilson

As far as active powers go I have
greentile.png =5 (4 great, 1 okay)
redtile.png =4 (1 great, 3 okay)
blacktile.png =4 (3 great, 1 okay)
purpletile.png =4 (3 great, 1 poor)
yellowtile.png =3 (1 okay, 2 poor)
bluetile.png =2 (2 okay)

The question is, who should be my next bonus hero. Risks/rewards are as follows:

Deadpool 4/3/5

Pros: True heal (love true heal), amazing Purple, synergy with Wolverine, only ONE cover to champ!

Cons: Could pull Red, Peggy and X-23 are better

X-23 5/3/3

Pros: Best true heal in 4* land means I'll use her the most of any character.

Cons: Peggy is a better character, TWO covers needed to champ, could pull Green, her Green is her only great offensive power and my current champs are stacked in that color.

Peggy Carter 5/1/4

Pros: Best character, amazing Blue which I desperately need. Will have three Reds dying on the vine.

Cons: Need THREE covers to champ, could pull Red (or two Blue), she's still in token packs for now (though not for long)

Ant-Man 3/4/4

Pros: Any cover I pull is useable, he covers my weakest team colors (though his blue isnt always useable).

Cons: Needs TWO covers to champ, clearly not as good of a character and won't be used as much as the others.

[I have 120 CP saved in the event that I pull, a 6th cover and just want to buy and apply. Peggy is so good, I'm not opposed to saving up 240 CP and buying two but don't know if that's a waste of resources]

Help is appreciated!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Never choose fate when you can choose the best option that fits you today.

I think this is a no brainer, Peggy.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ditto for Peggy, do what you can to get her. She'll go great with that Max Punisher you have.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    re: "do what you can to get her"

Okay, so I have 2 redflag.png dying on the vine: one expires in 6 days, one I won last night (so 14 days), and I'll have my 8th redflag.png from PVE progression. I currently have 160 CP. Should I...

Option A:
    - Set her as my bonus.
    - Save up 240 CP.
    - Start pulling tokens every 20 CP I get after the 240.
    - Pray I get a blueflag.png or yellowflag.png, then buy the last two covers with my 240 CP.
    - Apply whatever redflag.png are left (if any) as champ levels.

Option B:
    - Set her as my bonus.
    - Start pulling tokens immediately.
    - Pray I don't pull more redflag.png

Option B seems like the option that is higher risk higher reward (more luck based), but potentially less costly if luck falls my way. I have enough CP for 8 pulls. Even with her as my sole bonus I don't know if I see me getting the three covers I need ( redflag.png , or more than two blueflag.png are worthless) with 8 pulls.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d wait a few more days before committing either way, but I’d probably do Option A myself. With the changes to the new character vault, I quickly filled up most of those characters to where they’re all almost maxed now. So likely if I spent 240 cp, a lot of it would go to waste anyway as it would be spread out over too many characters to spend ISO on all at once (or even 14 days). It would be better to focus that CP on a guaranteed result that I knew my ISO budget could cover.

But’s that’s me. You don’t seem to have a lot of those new 12 characters, so you could probably use the covers they would give you, provided you have the roster space. (and that’s another consideration to mind). And B may be more realistic for your situation, as in a worst case scenario you won’t able to get another 120cp in time if you don’t pull that Blue or Yellow.

Another consideration: How is your ISO right now? Enough to champ her right away if she does get her covers? I’d hate for you to go through all that and still have the extra covers expire as you leveled her.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I’d wait a few more days before committing either way, but I’d probably do Option A myself. With the changes to the new character vault, I quickly filled up most of those characters to where they’re all almost maxed now. So likely if I spent 240 cp, a lot of it would go to waste anyway as it would be spread out over too many characters to spend ISO on all at once (or even 14 days). It would be better to focus that CP on a guaranteed result that I knew my ISO budget could cover.

But’s that’s me. You don’t seem to have a lot of those new 12 characters, so you could probably use the covers they would give you, provided you have the roster space. (and that’s another consideration to mind). And B may be more realistic for your situation, as in a worst case scenario you won’t able to get another 120cp in time if you don’t pull that Blue or Yellow.

Another consideration: How is your ISO right now? Enough to champ her right away if she does get her covers? I’d hate for you to go through all that and still have the extra covers expire as you leveled her.

If I do option A, I may as well kiss the ones dying on the vine goodbye (which, I can mourn that loss and move on). By the time I collect another 100 CP, they will likely have expired. And when I do hit 260 CP, that will get me just one pull I'll have to hope is Peggy and the right color.

Iso-8:
    I have almost exactly a million. Will have substantially less when I champ Jean from 70 to 270 (which I haven't done yet), but after that I will still have enough.

Roster spots:
    I have all but 5* Panther and the 1*s rostered (aside from Juggs). I have 790 HP (close to another spot) but plan to spend 100 per day in the simulator vault. In my vault of 80, the 4* there are Falcap (boo), as well as both Peggy Blue and Yellow. Awesome. Except I will likely get 5 pulls (3 100 HP daily deals and 2 progressionals). Problem is even when the odds are decent I usually don't get the pulls I need and they aren't great here. Still, I'll pay 100 HP to play the daily lotto (which I normally never do). Today was 2* Cap, FYI.

Blessed 12:

The cover distribution is as follows
    Peggy Carter- 10 (5/1/4)
    Captain Marvel- 9 (3/3/3)
    Luke Cage- 9 (5/1/3)
    Wasp- 9 (2/2/5)
    Gwenpool- 7 (3/2/2)
    Spider-Woman- 7 (0/5/2)
    Venom- 7 (1/4/2)
    Agent Coulson- 6 (1/3/2)
    Blade- 6 (1/1/4)
    Riri Williams- 5 (1/1/3)
    Medusa- 5 (2/2/1)
    Mordo- 3 (0/2/1)

2* Farm:
    With the exception of Marvel (who I want an extra spot for), all my 2* are dupes. My dupe farm is nearing max levels, which means an iso sink, but it also means I have available roster spots, iso, and HP in a pinch because I can sell the maxed ones at anytime.

EDIT: I agree with you that right now, I do not need to jump to any rash decisions. I plan to keep hoarding CP. Open any heroics and LT I get (I never get the latter), and just see how much I get. Who knows? I could win the simulator lotto and be one cover closer! If she's about to leave tokens and I have still had no luck, then I can think about opening all I've hoarded right before she leaves (but again, kiss the three dying red goodbye).