Countdown to the 330+ opening

skyman
skyman Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, the 5W's in a nutshell

Who:

I'm Skyman. I'm a long time player since the beta, and currently part of the NJL/Earth Alliance. Most often in S3, but rarely in S4.

What:

I've saved up my CP and LL tokens for almost a year. This is going to be the thread where I post the video and results.

When:

I'm expecting this to happen in a week, likely March 24th, possibly the 25th.

Where:

Right here, duh

Why:

Because almost a year ago, I got the short end of the stick from RNGesus. I ended up pulling 4 Green PHX covers in a row, and three of them were wasted. I appealed to CS, but since I pulled from classic tokens, they couldn't justify any swaps. At that point, I crunched a few numbers, and came to the conclusion that I would need at least 260 latest pulls to even have a reasonable chance at breaking through into 5* land. I ended up making 260 this past December, but 315 wasn't that far away, so I continued my hoard. I was pretty impressed with Hawk5 in KDN's video, so it's nearly time for me to pop my hoard.

How:

I messed up for the first 4 months of hoarding, only focusing on PVP. This was during the cupcake era, and my alliance mates really helped me out. Since August, I"ve been playing more PVE, and I reached almost all of the progression rewards. Every now and then I would play in a lower SCL to get sub rewards, but I'm most often in SCL7. It would come out to about 2-4 CP a day from PVE, 25 CP per PVE event, and about 10 CP per PVP event. It took almost a year, but now I'm only a week away from sharing the results with everyone.

Current ISO: 2.1 million and 710000 in 2*'s waiting for sale
Current LL tokens: 117
Current CP: 5480

Comments

• skyman
    saved for later
  • skyman
    saved for later
  • skyman
    saved for later
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    and we are done here
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get it... icon_e_confused.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    the-english-beat-save-it-for-later-1982.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... Nothing to see here then.
    And even if the OP edits those empty posts later I will probably only see the new posts.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably the OP is hoarding tokens -- probably LTs and CP -- until they want to open them. Most likely they're waiting on Hawkeye to enter the Latest pool (a week from Monday, unless they change up the pattern a bit,) so they can enter the 5* tier.

A bit over-dramatic, I think? Though if they've been saving Legendary pulls enough to get to 330 I admire their self-restraint (and hope they have a ton of Iso...)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    A bit over-dramatic, I think?
    Very much so. I enjoy token opening threads, but I don't enjoy this "stay tuned for something cool!" stunt. Just start the thread when you are ready to start opening.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be more useful to have a thread that acts like a support group for people hoarding tokens for a massive 300+ pull to enter 5* land. I'm currently hoarding LL tokens for this purpose, but I'm still building up my 4* tier, which means that I spend CP every 2 weeks or so. I think there's a lot of people now that have 20+ Champed 4*s and only see progression by obtaining 5*s, which means hoarding LL and CP for 6 months or so.

On that note, my current standing on the matter is:

56 LL Tokens
    990 CP
    8 x 4* Champs

I suppose my plan is to get:
    150 - 200 LL Tokens
    3500 - 4000 CP
    20 - 25 x 4* Champs
    1.5 - 2.0 million ISO
    and then open 300+ tokens
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    saved for later
  • Hendross
    saved for later
  • Hendross
    saved for later
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    saved for later
    Are you trolling us, or the OP?
  • skyman
    BBigler,

Keep on keeping on man.

I'd caution about spending too much CP, since you will probably earn pulls from CP twice as fast as tokens. And how many champed 4* do you really need?