April 'Pool's Day!

TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wanna remind the developers that April is right around the corner. I've suggested something like this before and will continue to do so until such a day as MPQ dies or they finally put it in!

(And yes, I realize this would require a crazy amount of coding, and would probably cause several other things to fail, but hey, it's in the spirit of fun!)

On April 1st, MPQ players get to deal with April 'Pool's Day (or possibly take the day off).

Every node in story and versus has D3adpool as a required character.

Each of Deadpool's abilities gets changed to have 1 of 3 random effects:

redtile.png
1) Normal
2) Deadpool forgot his weapons in the taxi! Time for a "low blow"! Punches opponent for damage and stun for 2 turns
3) Deadpool is "airborne" (for lack of a better word) for 5 turns, as he slowly drives a zamboni toward his target. After 5 turns, front opponent takes fatal damage

blacktile.png
1) Normal
2) Deadpool takes damage for his ally. But wait, that guy owes him money! Deadpool turns around and punches ally for half the damage he took
3) Deadpool throws Hydra Bob in front of the attack. No damage done to allies (only on single target ability, of course)

purpletile.png
1) Normal (Deadpool points temporarily disabled)
2) Deadpool lines up the perfect shot, shooting all opponents in the head for fatal damage
3) Deadpool pulls a cord and a metric ton of tacos falls on the field. All characters take some damage, and all basic tiles are turned into charged tiles. And you get a taco! And YOU get a taco! Everyone gets a taco!!!

A good April Fool's joke should be equal parts hilarity and frustration.

(Alternatively, you could dress Deadpool up in his X-Men Origins: Wolverine skin. Or put him in a Green Lantern-ish costume)

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    But... Why?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a Deadpool mini-event like the Coulson one? Or just a special Deadpool clash? Why do you need to rewrite the whole game?
  • TheWerebison
    Borstock wrote:
    But... Why?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a Deadpool mini-event like the Coulson one? Or just a special Deadpool clash? Why do you need to rewrite the whole game?

Because April Fool's Day. What fun is a prank if it doesn't mess with everyone?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It would be better if he Rick rolled players by changing their teams to randoms from their roster.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun idea! I'd love to see some more just plain fun things like this in the game, but I can only the imagine the amount of bugs it would introduce given the bug-a-palooza state of our most recent patch. As another idea, how about every reward being replaced by a random taco token on April 'Pool day? That would be fantastic. Or, make it a Pool week, and instead of a complete taco you get rewarded either a shell, meat, or fixin's. Once you get one of each you can craft/combine them into a random taco token. Each of these components be sold for 250 ISO-8 each before being combined, just in case you were severely hurting for ISO.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    detail.jpg
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I'd still love to see The Bob The's Bagman entry go live one April Fool's Day. Just because.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41787#p503438

Bags on heads for everyone!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of Hero Points, rewards are Heron Points. They can only be used for things related to bird-themed characters.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't 4/1 when they released Howard the Duck? I think getting another Howard event is 1000% more likely than the OPs suggestion.
  • TheWerebison
    broll wrote:
    Isn't 4/1 when they released Howard the Duck? I think getting another Howard event is 1000% more likely than the OPs suggestion.

Of course it's more likely! It's also more boring. Unless you're talking about a NEW Howard event, because they've run his story at least 3 times in the past year. It's funny, but we've seen it. Would be nice to have something wholly weird and unexpected on every April Fool's.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    morph3us wrote:
    I'd still love to see The Bob The's Bagman entry go live one April Fool's Day. Just because.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41787#p503438

Bags on heads for everyone!
    Best read thread of the day award, and its only 8AM here in Boston!
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock wrote:
    But... Why?

Because April Fool's Day. What fun is a prank if it doesn't mess with everyone?

It'll be great when they do that, and they break the game completely.