Hawkeye - the first 1-5 character?

Options
Nightglider1
Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Apologies if this has already been brought up, but am I correct in thinking that Hawkeye is the first character to be represented across all star levels? (Granted, 4* is Kate Bishop, but her code name is "Hawkeye.")

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spiderman, if you allow similar leeway for Miles Morales.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options

Oh, yeah - I forgot about 2* Bagman. Yeah, I consider Miles to be "Spiderman." Thanks!
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How do we not have a 2* Iron Man??
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still think it's a bit off that for all the iconic characters in the game that Hawkeye was the 2nd chosen to be represented at every tier.

Of course any expectations for balanced character representation should have gone out the window the day a second 4* Venom was announced.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i think Iron Man 35 should be 2 star and the 1 star should be model 1
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xidragonxi wrote:

The bigger question is how is there not a 1* Wolverine?
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Obligatory complaint about there only being a 1* Juggernaut.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 star cap would also bring him into 1 to 5 territory.

Well 2 on 4 if you count peggy.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh, yeah - I forgot about 2* Bagman. Yeah, I consider Miles to be "Spiderman." Thanks!
    Miles Morales is a Spider-Man, he is not the Spider-Man. There is a distinction that must be made. When Homecoming is released I am expecting, nay... DEMANDING a 4-star Spider-Man that is finally ...amazing...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't count Kate as filling in, any more than War Machine counts for Iron Man, or Miles counts as Peter Parker.

They're similar, certainly, no denying that, but they're still distinct characters. **** Grayson took over as Batman during the Knightfall storyline, doesn't make him Bruce Wayne, you know? I mean, that's why she's Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) and not Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). (you know, ignoring the slightly wonky naming conventions, because technically 1*/2*/3*/5* Hawkeyes should be "Clint Barton (Subtype)", and 1*/2*/3*/5* Spidey should be "Peter Parker (Subtype)" for similar reasons, but I think they get to cheat and have the hero name first because it's still THEIR identity. Someone tells you the MCU is getting a Hawkeye movie, everybody's going to think Renner as Barton, not a new actress playing Kate.

So yeah, I don't see this game as having a full 1-5* coverage for any one character yet. 2* Iron Man would be nice to throw in an extra suit. 1* Wolverine, run him as Weapon X (complete with that goofy helmet when he wakes up in the lab), and I can see odds being high of a 4* Peter Parker Spidey for Homecoming's release. Might get one of them covered then (of course, if you want to get picky as I did above, 5* Wolverine isn't the same dude as 2*/3*/4*, but we're splitting different hairs there, since it is the same dude, but from an alternate universe; would 4* Zombie Spider-Man count as Peter Parker? maybe?)
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:

Miles Morales is a Spider-Man, he is not the Spider-Man. There is a distinction that must be made. When Homecoming is released I am expecting, nay... DEMANDING a 4-star Spider-Man that is finally ...amazing...

Ben Reily
    Kaine Parker
    Spider-Man Noir
    Mayday Parker
    Peter Porker
    Spider-Man: India
    The Superior Spider-Man
    Silk
    Spider-Man 2099
    Anya Corazon

we could do a year of just Spider-people!
  • Dormammu
    Options
    There has yet to be a character that exists at every star level. (Hawkeye is an identity, not a character.)
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    I don't count Kate as filling in, any more than War Machine counts for Iron Man, or Miles counts as Peter Parker.

They're similar, certainly, no denying that, but they're still distinct characters. tinykitty Grayson took over as Batman during the Knightfall storyline, doesn't make him Bruce Wayne, you know? I mean, that's why she's Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) and not Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). (you know, ignoring the slightly wonky naming conventions, because technically 1*/2*/3*/5* Hawkeyes should be "Clint Barton (Subtype)", and 1*/2*/3*/5* Spidey should be "Peter Parker (Subtype)" for similar reasons, but I think they get to cheat and have the hero name first because it's still THEIR identity. Someone tells you the MCU is getting a Hawkeye movie, everybody's going to think Renner as Barton, not a new actress playing Kate.

So yeah, I don't see this game as having a full 1-5* coverage for any one character yet. 2* Iron Man would be nice to throw in an extra suit. 1* Wolverine, run him as Weapon X (complete with that goofy helmet when he wakes up in the lab), and I can see odds being high of a 4* Peter Parker Spidey for Homecoming's release. Might get one of them covered then (of course, if you want to get picky as I did above, 5* Wolverine isn't the same dude as 2*/3*/4*, but we're splitting different hairs there, since it is the same dude, but from an alternate universe; would 4* Zombie Spider-Man count as Peter Parker? maybe?)
    Azrael took over as Batman during the Knightfall Storyline
    I worked at a comic book store in 1993
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    1 star cap would also bring him into 1 to 5 territory.

Well 2 on 4 if you count peggy.
    Neither of whom is Steve Rogers
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    xidragonxi wrote:

They should do a stealth armor two-star. Black, blue and red.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    xidragonxi wrote:

Weapon-X 1 star Wolverine. Would be hilarious using that version for the weakest level.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    xidragonxi wrote:

Weapon-X 1 star Wolverine. Would be hilarious using that version for the weakest level.
    No, no, no, it should be the Origins Wolverine, you know - with bone claws and no adamantium.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    They're similar, certainly, no denying that, but they're still distinct characters. tinykitty Grayson took over as Batman during the Knightfall storyline, doesn't make him Bruce Wayne, you know?

Unintentional censor of Mr. Grayson's first name makes me chuckle.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    1* Wolverine, run him as Weapon X (complete with that goofy helmet when he wakes up in the lab)

Sounds more like the first 6* to me. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    xidragonxi wrote:

No, no, no, it should be the Origins Wolverine, you know - with bone claws and no adamantium.

Why not both?

Make him like a mini OML, AND a mini 5* Hulk. Starts off with bone claws and healing, certain AP threshold (or a long countdown that you can match away to prevent activating?), he gets pulled into Weapon X, powers change, and you lose control of him. (okay, you don't have to lose control of him, especially since Hulk can go back to Banner, but Weapon X Wolverine can't de-adamantium into Origins Wolverine, but it would be interesting, not too game breaking at 1*, and a way to introduce things like power changes that occur later in the game so the player gets a chance to learn how it works before getting to 3* Hawkeye or X-23 or whomever)