Hey Brigby! Godzilla!

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
Now hear the loopy Jarhead out. Make this a boss event, obviously. A new three time a year event. He does have ties to Devil Dinosaur, team up years ago, so there is a reason for a vault four star that only gets handed out once a year, now four times a year.

Also he has fought every super hero under the sun so affiliated teams could be created. Now he can be either good Godzilla, or bad Godzilla, which helps flex his abilities, and rewards. Also since we add him to our roster he could be very useful later against other bosses. Galactus, so on.

Now I know you're busy, but throw it around the think table. Something new, different, something the MPQ masses cry for. A little change. Besides who doesn't want radioactive breath as an ability?

Comments

• nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Lets focus on the bugs before we start introducing Kaiju... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    This game has had bugs since day one. Gohira time!
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    He's not really a marvel char, so don't get your hopes up.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Looks like Marvel to me. I'm sure they still have the rights and he's already included in the characters allowed for MPQ. icon_e_smile.gif

latest?cb=20080726194153
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to secure and intertwine game licensing rights for a film character owned by Hankyu Hanshin Toho, a Japanese holdings association, for a film most recently licensed by Legendary, a subsidiary of Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group, created to co-produce and co-finance films with Warner Bros. And then we need to put that license into a game about Marvel licenses. What could possibly go wrong? I mean, Marvel is fine with playing ball with other companies when it comes to licenses, right? icon_lol.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're using a cover from 1977 as assurance that Marvel owns the rights to Godzilla? icon_lol.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Let's settle for Red Ronin at least. A castaway from that Godzilla comic, he fought the Avengers!:

3542325-tnhg.jpg
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:
    You're using a cover from 1977 as assurance that Marvel owns the rights to Godzilla? icon_lol.gif

Extra silly considering Dark Horse had the comic rights for over a decade and then IDW did for another decade. Marvel didn't even give us Godzilla vs Charles Barkley.

2b50fdd12b4464320d97ecb49512d304.jpg
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    HaywireII wrote:
    Looks like Marvel to me. I'm sure they still have the rights and he's already included in the characters allowed for MPQ. icon_e_smile.gif

Toho still owns godzilla rights, marvel only published a comic way back when with permission from toho. The big lizard isnt even listed on marvel's site as a character. I would like to see a link to the characters allowed for mpq.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't run a Devil Dino event (or at least his PVP) as a Monsters Unleashed tie-in. Maybe do an Ant-man style PVE with Mindless Ones, or introduce some scaled-up unplayable 2*s like Orrgo! Or release Fin Fang Foom! ****, now I'm excited about this nonexistent idea.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:

Yes. That's why I explicitly stated that I'm sure they must still have the rights with no implied sarcasm at all. I am learning from the President that if you type something on the internet that makes it a fact.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Lets focus on the bugs before we start introducing Kaiju... icon_rolleyes.gif
    So, Mothra?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Let's settle for Red Ronin at least. A castaway from that Godzilla comic, he fought the Avengers!:

3542325-tnhg.jpg

Gotta love a cover that can't even spell the name of the baddie correctly!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    And check out that chair Cap's flying around on. icon_e_smile.gif That thing looks useful.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    And check out that chair Cap's flying around on. icon_e_smile.gif That thing looks useful.

Pretty sure that thing is methane-powered!
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    Trying to secure and intertwine game licensing rights for a film character owned by Hankyu Hanshin Toho, a Japanese holdings association, for a film most recently licensed by Legendary, a subsidiary of Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group, created to co-produce and co-finance films with Warner Bros. And then we need to put that license into a game about Marvel licenses. What could possibly go wrong? I mean, Marvel is fine with playing ball with other companies when it comes to licenses, right? icon_lol.gif

You kind of forgot that Disney owns marvel. So it's up to Disney to allow things that fall into their vision. So all these female characters and hybrids of originals are working of Disney to get girls to like comics and be "diverse". Which i couldn't care less. I like old fashioned characters, none of this cross-over to make all genders and colors happy.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel definitely doesn't have the rights for game appearances of Godzilla. They don't even have the rights to keep the old Marvel Godzilla comics in print. They were able to do a trade collection (in black and white, sadly) of it several years ago but don't even currently have permission to do another print run, the last I heard.