Bonus Heroes question

grifterx777
grifterx777 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've tried to read the other threads about this but it's very confusing to me. From what I understand, I have a 5% chance to get a bonus heroes from pulls as long as they are in that store. So I wouldn't get a 5 star from a heroic pull if I got the bonus hero, right? The thing is, I have 5 hulk, peggy, medusa, and miles as my favorites. I've gotten several bonus heroes from heroic pulls and none of them are ever these characters. I checked the odds and it says I do have a chance to get one of them besides 5 hulk.

I'll get other characters as my bonus hero rewards with that heart on the top right highlighted like I chose them or something. I go back to my favorites and, of course, they're not chosen as favorites. I've never once gotten a favorite as a bonus hero. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    The bonus hero cover is of the same level as the first cover. You could only get a bonus 5* through a Legendary and you draw a 5* to begin with.
  • MojoWild
    You would also need a 5* selected as a favorite.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Are you getting 3*s? If you get a bonus pull from a heroic token, and the first pull is a 3*, and you have no 3* set as a favorite, then you'll get a random 3*.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    Are you getting 3*s? If you get a bonus pull from a heroic token, and the first pull is a 3*, and you have no 3* set as a favorite, then you'll get a random 3*.
    iow Working as Intended TM
    at least judging by the fact that the OP gave no indication he had a 3 selected
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    MojoWild wrote:

I don't think you have to pick one as if you don't you will get a random 5*, but it makes sense to pick who you want
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    he stated he had 5 Star Hulk selected
    he has no 3 selected
  • grifterx777
    grifterx777 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Ohh, I see. It makes sense now. So for example, if I draw a 4 star from the heroic pull I'll get another 4 star as a bonus (which would be one of my favorites)? I was wondering why I was getting 3s as bonus characters who I didn't choose. Guess I'll have to favorite hawkguy now, haha. Thanks!
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild wrote:
    he stated he had 5 Star Hulk selected
    he has no 3 selected

Yeah, was just an example since I'd mentioned 5* in my first reply.
    Moot anyway bc you get a random if none are selected.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ohh, I see. It makes sense now. So for example, if I draw a 4 star from the heroic pull I'll get another 4 star as a bonus (which would be one of my favorites)? I was wondering why I was getting 3s as bonus characters who I didn't choose. Guess I'll have to favorite hawkguy now, haha. Thanks!
    I think they keep the new ones exempt from the 'favorite' thing for a period of time. Mine won't let me favorite him, it just says "NEW", and Devil Dino & Howard say "LIMITED".
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I think they keep the new ones exempt from the 'favorite' thing for a period of time. Mine won't let me favorite him, it just says "NEW", and Devil Dino & Howard say "LIMITED".

Limited can't be favorited. New have to wait until the next pvp season, when they get put into tokens.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

Right. Though if you a pull a 4 from a heroic, you only get a 5% chance of pulling an additional cover as a bonus hero.