3* Deadpool Black ability bugged

Alkyoneus
Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
Discovered a bug during the Meet Rocket & Groot event. The issue occurred during the fight on the main page with Star-Lord, Groot, and Hawkguy vs. Deadpool and 2 thugs. I started damaging Deadpool, bringing him down to around 900 health. When I switched targets and used Star-Lord red, Deadpool jumped in front to block the damage, and then both characters died. I repeated the bug again on a subsequent fight, same effect.

This bug involves 2 issues:
1. Per Black ability description, Deadpool is only supposed to jump in front when someone else with lower health takes damage. The thugs both had apporximately 3000 health at the time.
2. When Deadpool takes damage, the original target should not take damage.

While hilarious, this could definitely cause problems to players using him for this ability. Thanks!

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing is affected by the same bug.

In the simulator node, I had brought Thing down to about 2K of health, when I had gathered enough AP to finish a full health SWitch with a single (5-6K) shot from a power (I think it was the loaner Luke Cage's righteous uppercut, but I'm not sure. Probably doesnt matter). So I switched to Switch ( icon_lol.gif ) and fired it, but then:
    • Thing jumped in front
    • Thing ate the damage from the attack and died
    • Switch was brought back to the front again
    • Switch took full damage from the attack and died as well
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I though this might affect Thibg too. I made a post regarding Life of the Party (it was at the bottom of Bugs first page when I checked). The interesting thing was that Deadpool didn't take full damage when I tried reproducing the error. Instead, Deadpool and the Thug both took about half of the damage of the attack, sending them from just over 3000 health to around 1000 health. I haven't seen what other powers besides Starlord red do though.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    The bug is not with Deadpool or Thing; the bug is with the damaging abilities you're using. This is because those abilities do multiple instances of damage, which are now separate instances thanks to this pervasive new bug. Star-Lord's Oldest Trick in the Book does base damage, plus damage for each friendly countdown tile, just as Luke Cage's Righteous Uppercut does base damage, plus bonus damage for allies still in the fight. So they each do two separate hits, rather than one big hit.

So in the first case (Deadpool or Thing takes damage, original target takes damage), the first instance of damage is killing Deadpool or Thing, and then the second instance of damage is killing the original target.

In the second case (the Thug takes damage, then Deadpool takes damage, but neither dies), the Thug is taking damage to bring him below Deadpool's health, then Deadpool's passive is triggering for the second instance of damage. Deadpool's passive doesn't trigger for anyone with higher health than himself.

This is affecting a huge number of abilities now; a few updates ago it was only Daken's Chemical Reaction.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean those abilities are also multiplying strike tile effects?
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    And Protects, yes. Star-Lord + Loki + Patch is a pretty silly team right now for a 3-star player like me: Trickery + Berserker Rage have always had great synergy, but now all of Loki's Mischief tiles are also doing Strike tile damage, and Oldest Trick in the Book is a 6-AP ability that does double Strike tile damage.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bug is not with Deadpool or Thing; the bug is with the damaging abilities you're using. This is because those abilities do multiple instances of damage, which are now separate instances thanks to this pervasive new bug. Star-Lord's Oldest Trick in the Book does base damage, plus damage for each friendly countdown tile, just as Luke Cage's Righteous Uppercut does base damage, plus bonus damage for allies still in the fight. So they each do two separate hits, rather than one big hit.

So in the first case (Deadpool or Thing takes damage, original target takes damage), the first instance of damage is killing Deadpool or Thing, and then the second instance of damage is killing the original target.

In the second case (the Thug takes damage, then Deadpool takes damage, but neither dies), the Thug is taking damage to bring him below Deadpool's health, then Deadpool's passive is triggering for the second instance of damage. Deadpool's passive doesn't trigger for anyone with higher health than himself.

This is affecting a huge number of abilities now; a few updates ago it was only Daken's Chemical Reaction.
    Although you may be correct, I was pretty sure (I don't have the numbers ready) the 'extra damage' part from righteous uppercut was not enough to down Switch instantly from full health.
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    DeNappa wrote:

Although you may be correct, I was pretty sure (I don't have the numbers ready) the 'extra damage' part from righteous uppercut was not enough to down Switch instantly from full health.

I guess uppercut base dmg hit Switch first and did not kill her but her health left was lower than Thing's health.
    Then extra dmg came but that triggered Thing's passive bringing in front and killing him.
    Then the other extra dmg came (because you've had 2 allies alive) finishing Switch.
    Good for you.