Starlord purple single target dmg double dipping on strikes

Ludaa
Ludaa Posts: 542
Just as the title says. Single target dmg gets 2x strike dmg, aoe just 1x. Pretty sure that's a bug, a nice one while he's boosted.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is part of the acknowledged bug where countdown tiles deal 1 damage (plus strikes) to the target enemy when they resolve.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. I was too focused on the difference between single/aoe to remember.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Everything that does multiple instances of damage is being affected multiple times by Strikes and Protects, just like Daken's Chemical Reaction. Star-Lord's Red does the same thing, not just his Purple: if you get additional damage from having at least one allied countdown tile, the additional damage is also boosted or weakened by Strikes or Protects, thus doubling their effectiveness.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not that they do multiple instances of damage. It's supposed to be one instance that's increased by a condition met. Daken was first, and the problem became even more unfixed. It should also be affecting Epic Black Widow's red and black, Old Man Logan's transformed black, additional damage from Vision's blue, Ghost Rider's green and red, Chulk's green 4Clop's red, kingpin's black, Thoress red... I haven't seen confirmation on all affected, but there are a lot that should be.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    I'm aware that it's not supposed to do multiple instances of damage, but it unfortunately is doing so. The same also happens for any ability that deals damage as well as destroying tiles: the destroyed tiles also get the benefit of Strike tiles and are weakened by Protects. For example, Human Torch's Fireball deals damage and destroys two Red tiles, so Strikes and Protects are doubled as long as there's at least one Red tile on the board to destroy.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can add Righteous Uppercut to the list of powers now dealing damage in pieces (and getting double bonus from strike tiles).
  • zodiac339
    Just look at an ability that deals damage. If it has a base damage, and additional damage based on some condition, the additional damage is currently separate from the base damage rather than added to it.
    Example: Iceman's Whiteout greenflag.png deals 3100 (base damage), plus 273 damage for every Blue tile. It acts like 2 AOE attacks, triggering things like Anger/Burning Anger twice or X Enforcer 4 times (twice for each ally hit). Thankfully, the additional damage is cumulative of all blue tiles rather than being a separate damage boost for each tile.
    Thoress' Smite has a similar effect: base 4080 damage, additional 736 for each charged tile.
    Starlord can be particularly broken with Old Man Logan or other big strike tiles since Oldest Trick damages twice and Sleght of hand deals AOE plus the 1 damage to target because of CD tile bug. It rips apart the primary target for up to 6 hits boosted by Strike tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Sleght of hand deals AOE plus the 1 damage to target because of CD tile bug.

Actually, it'll be hitting twice because it also has two damage components, one AoE and one single target. I have carefully checked countdowns that only do damage once and nothing else, they don't do 1 additional damage. It would seem that CDs now do a minimum of 1 damage, rather than doing one extra.
  • zodiac339
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Sleght of hand deals AOE plus the 1 damage to target because of CD tile bug.

Actually, it'll be hitting twice because it also has two damage components, one AoE and one single target. I have carefully checked countdowns that only do damage once and nothing else, they don't do 1 additional damage. It would seem that CDs now do a minimum of 1 damage, rather than doing one extra.
    Ah, so that's how it murdered my team.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    Yeah, countdowns just do 0 damage now instead of not doing damage, but 1 has always been the minimum damage.