DDQ, vaulting, and splitting the baby.

2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Perhaps the simple solution is to have a node in DDQ that gives a daily 4* but only of vaulted characters. It helps roster diversity but no one is getting their Jean Grey to 370 through a daily token appearing once every two months or however many vaulted four stars there are.

I've been playing daily on DDQ (when I could play the game) since champions have been released and my highest three star was around 210.

Or change the 22000 points to the following days required four star and only have vaulted characters as required.

That's a possible remedy, but I'm not sure "simple" applies. It'd require more code than just inserting a progression reward at 44000.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Brigby wrote:
    Hmm that's certainly an interesting proposition. Quite interesting enough that I've included this thread in my weekly report to the developers. Thanks for the post, DFiPL!

*Begin shameless self-promotion*

Thanks for passing along this idea, Brigby, but please also consider my addendum as well. The more I think about it, the better it sounds. It could be a way for another avenue of reliable 4* distribution that's not TOO generous, and if you reward a cover for the upcoming required character, stronger characters could be used to help cover weaker ones.

Going back to my example, winning with X-23 and getting to 44000 points would give an Iceman cover. Win Iceman's Crash and get to 44000, get a cover for Teen Jean, and so on.

The way things are right now, I have zero hope of winning Iceman's Crash, since he's 0/1/1 Level 74. The most reliable ways for me to get covers for him are through PvE placement and progression, and that's pretty much it. PvP placement is not realistic, and progression only is if Medusa, my lone 4* champ, happens to be boosted (although she'll be joined by Bl4de and Spider-Woman soon).

Bonus heroes has been great at the 3* level. In fact, that's the only reason I have a second Iceman cover, because I had Mystique set as my sole BH at that tier to get her to 183. But it doesn't seem like a realistic avenue for reliably getting 4* covers at this point in time. Nor is lucking into a draw from a random event vault. So by the time Bobby's Crash rolls around again in roughly six months, I STILL probably won't have him covered well enough to win.

It may seem like a small change, but if I could get a cover for him off an X-23 win, then eventually he'll get to a point that he can win one for Teen Jean, who I have 3 blue covers of and nothing else.

And, adding a somewhat reliable method of obtaining vaulted 4* characters would probably get you guys a lot of goodwill.
  • DFiPL
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hmm that's certainly an interesting proposition. Quite interesting enough that I've included this thread in my weekly report to the developers. Thanks for the post, DFiPL!

...if you reward a cover for the upcoming required character, stronger characters could be used to help cover weaker ones.

But for the love of Stan, if the cover at 44k happens, whether it's for the current Crasher or the subsequent, make sure the colors rotate as they do in TBE!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

...if you reward a cover for the upcoming required character, stronger characters could be used to help cover weaker ones.

But for the love of Stan, if the cover at 44k happens, whether it's for the current Crasher or the subsequent, make sure the colors rotate as they do in TBE!

Yes, good point that I meant to make clear, but forgot. Whatever happens, please make sure the cover colors rotate.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The thing is......most of y'all ALREADY HAVE the 4*s covered. And leveled. And champed. Especially most of the vaulted ones ( besides maybe Kate, MK, Peggy, etc ).

You can do the Crash with your eyes closed. And we are reminded of that often. lol.

But...........what about the other 80% of the playerbase ( or whatever percentage makes up the "normal / casuals" )? Those that have every 4* rostered, yet are cursed with only four or five covers of each character, for example?

:+/
  • DFiPL
    TLCstormz wrote:
    The thing is......most of y'all ALREADY HAVE the 4*s covered. And leveled. And champed. Especially most of the vaulted ones ( besides maybe Kate, MK, Peggy, etc ).

You can do the Crash with your eyes closed. And we are reminded of that often. lol.

But...........what about the other 80% of the playerbase ( or whatever percentage makes up the "normal / casuals" )? Those that have every 4* rostered, yet are cursed with only four or five covers of each character, for example?

:+/

Well, that's why I've said this isn't a complete solution. There has to be another component to it.

Ideally, you pair my (or DeVo's) recommendation with, say, a 3/4* token (or a 4*-only containing those vaulted characters) so that people who are in that boat have a way to get viable and then make use of the 44k cover.

Otherwise, it addresses concerns for those of us who were nearing completion on those characters (or for those who were relying on them for champion rewards), but that's going to be a minority of the playerbase.

Absolutely a legit concern, and one the devs should address, but I don't think their addressing my proposal negates their ability to address that concern, or vice versa! Both issues can be, and should be, addressed. But this proposal is my effort to nudge the devs towards what we had with the Crash of the Mad Titan, 'cept with a specific cover instead of a Legendary Token. It's not daily, and I honestly don't expect that it would be any time soon...but it would be improvement.

Incremental improvement is better than no improvement.

Something about the perfect being the enemy of the good.