I'm two days from 800 days of MVPQ...

Hyposphere6234
Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm still very much in 3* to 4* transition. I have six championed 4*'s and six more at twelve covers, none of these are in the latest twelve. So far the only bonuses that I've received from opening tokens is a couple of 5*'s. One of them was OML who has severely been over-looked with a 5* Iron Man already at six covers. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate those two bonuses and I recognize that the only way that I received these covers is because of them. I could write a novel on the times that I have felt like this game has punched me into a fine paste because of the RNG but I recognize that RNG does what RNG does.

I made a post in the daily positive thread about not drawing a single duplicate recently and then realized afterward the reasons why I didn't. The update to this whole vaulting system was completely misrepresented, there was a massive push on bonus characters and how good it would be for us all... I'm on the mobile app now and it only mentions a "subset" of characters "that the Design team has chosen.

I'm just failing to understand this vaulting system other than the developer's responding to people with money who are pissed at not getting their desired thirteenth cover for a 4* or 5* and throwing their toys out of the pram. I was happy getting the covers as they fell even if they weren't what I wanted. 3*s are still growing even though it's at a slower rate. Many people have gone into the 2* to 3* transition and know what it feels like so are expecting the next levels to be easier. How many games have you played where leveling up just makes the game more of a cake walk?

I have a 0/2/2 RHulk, a 1/1/2 Quake and a 3/1/3 IceMan. Why would I care about maxing and championing Mordo when the covers I've attained from older 4*'s have become virtually non-existent unless it's by chance from a specified designated choice that is no way a guarantee? There's a point in investing money in a game where you keep playing because you invested, there's also a point where you see where that money has been spent and you just say nope.

Edit: Feel free to gas\delete\ban.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, vaulting is stupid and screws virtually everyone. It forces you to either select one or two favorites, or basically never build up the old characters.

Nothing else to add, really.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The general sentiment is that this was to help make everything less diluted, but deleting options isn't really the best route, and not effective.

If anything all this system did is create expectation. Now that they've created a "path" for our 4 stars, we're more or less expecting progress because it's the only route. Before i'd just take whatever 4 as long as I knew I could keep building my oldies.

All there really is to say is that keeping 4's like unicorns is likely the culprit.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Use vaulting to your advantage. If I were in your place I'd set JG and Peggy as favorites. I say those 2 because they both made major changes to my game when I got them champed. Depending on your play, you could end up with a champed JG, Peggy, Medusa and Carol in a couple months.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    Use vaulting to your advantage. If I were in your place I'd set JG and Peggy as favorites. I say those 2 because they both made major changes to my game when I got them champed. Depending on your play, you could end up with a champed JG, Peggy, Medusa and Carol in a couple months.

These days I'd take Red Hulk over Jean. Boosted Jean is beasty, but boosted Red Hulk is an absolute slaughterer.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Pants1000 wrote:

You aren't in my place so you're not in a position to give such advice. I'd love to be in your place but right now that position has been taken away from me.

My 4* Jean Grey is at 5/5/0 and I have a sixth purple coming up in my daily resupply which does me no good.

Before these changes I had a pretty even spread of covers new and old. I had duplicates occasionally but I experienced that with the 2* to 3* transition in a bigger abundance. I just looked upon it as extra ISO.

Whether I set Peggy or Jean Grey as favourites is irrelevant, to even get those covers I'm having to rely a small percentage chance of getting a cover for them in the first place. To reiterate my Jean Grey is 5/5/0 and to add my Peggy is 4/0/3.

I'd like to be in your position but right now but this system has quadrupled the time that I will be. And by the time I do you'll be in 6* land while I'm still chasing 5* covers.

I'd love to be in a position where I'm only needing to cover the latest twelve 4* releases. I've seen a lot of improvements these past few months but in some things I just witness the people who have being catered more for the have nots.

The vaulting system purely caters for the elite. In the old system the percentages were lowering but the RNG was still there and I was getting a mix of covers. It was the same when I was 2* to 3* transitioning.

Anyone who isn't effected by this feel free to comment further on how this doesn't matter because you've already got the covers that you want/need. Also give advice to others on a system which makes attaining an even spread of covers even less possible now that it's 12 covers only with a small chance of RNG.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can still take advantage of the Vaulting system, and you don't have to be rude about the suggestion to do so.

I'm in a similar boat (only 700 days, but several more 4*s champed, so I get screwed over harder by the loss of champ levels), and I've been taking advantage of it. I've managed to decently cover all of my less-covered 4*s thanks to Vaulting. The system is garbage in the long run, but that hasn't stopped me from benefiting from it in the short run.

Nobody in this thread is saying "You're wrong, Vaulting is great." And being unnecessarily hostile to someone encouraging you to find the silver lining isn't going to help anybody.