so now it is time to farm...

Options
Anyone else super happy with their results recently, but now face a stunning lack of iso? What a nice dilemma to have -- dropping tons of iso into a newly powerful 3-star, and also anticipating another one getting pumped up (AND ANGRY) in the next event. icon_e_biggrin.gif So it feels now like my near-future playtime is going to be more concerned with farming iso than chasing covers, at least in this heroic mode.

I might actually consider buying iso, if the returns were at all good. icon_e_confused.gif

Comments

• I think I picked up b/w 15K and 20K ISO during round 1, all of which went into Psylocke and Lazy Cap. It was quite satisfying. However, Cap ain't finished yet, so I have a bit more grinding of covers to do (need to make sure my alliance gets 2x top 100 so I can get 2 more blues).

Though honestly, I'll probably hold on to my ISO from this round (and the LRs) and see what's coming down the pipes before spending it all. Of course, I say that now, but honestly I'll probably just push Psylocke into the 90's.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I got 5 LazyCap covers between Heroic Venom and DA Tourney and ran out of ISO before hitting his soft level cap. I don't want to place too high in First Avenger because I actually need Moonstone covers (and don't need Hulk covers). I don't want to hit Heroic Venom too hard until the end because of scaling...

I have actually been considering dipping my toe into SHIELD Versus to farm some ISO (gasp!)
  • Hmmm, had not thought about the SHIELD training! I might actually do that for the first time since I was actually trying to get Astonishing Wolverine covers. So long ago!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got over 10k ISO I can't spend right now.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Yeah, I got 5 LazyCap covers between Heroic Venom and DA Tourney and ran out of ISO before hitting his soft level cap. I don't want to place too high in First Avenger because I actually need Moonstone covers (and don't need Hulk covers). I don't want to hit Heroic Venom too hard until the end because of scaling...

I have actually been considering dipping my toe into SHIELD Versus to farm some ISO (gasp!)

No one NEEDS Moonstone covers.
  • Or you can wait one day for LRs to start so you can begin getting fat stacks of ISO every 2 hours.
  • Dormammu wrote:

I just did exactly that! farmed the tinykitty out of SHIELD versus all the way to the top lol 1500+ pts and currently sitting in first... Guess I'll have to join the heroic event now lol
  • I've got over 10k ISO I can't spend right now.

I have yet to reach that milestone...
  • I am sitting on 47,000 ISO right now. I will put it into Raggy if the villain LRs come tomorrow, or Lazy Cap if it is heroes again.

I plan to win a few Blue Magneto covers soon. Unless they changed the villain LRs so that the rewards are as sucktastic as the Hero rewards.
  • Well, don't hate me, but I just spent 170,000 Iso in standard tokens because I want to get the 25HP reward, but didn't get it...... icon_e_sad.gif

And to answer your questions, I just need 1100 hp (currently have 1075) to buy an alliance spot, and then I QUIT!
  • Nemesis wrote:
    Well, don't hate me, but I just spent 170,000 Iso in standard tokens because I want to get the 25HP reward, but didn't get it...... icon_e_sad.gif

And to answer your questions, I just need 1100 hp (currently have 1075) to buy an alliance spot, and then I QUIT!

You spent $300 in ISO looking for $0.25 worth of HP?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got over 10k ISO I can't spend right now.

I have yet to reach that milestone...
    I'm up over 16k now. I've gotten it all in the last few days from the PVE and Facebook sharing. I think I'm getting about 500+/day from Facebook shares. Oh and all those tinykitty standard covers that keep giving me useless **** that I can't use.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:
    Well, don't hate me, but I just spent 170,000 Iso in standard tokens because I want to get the 25HP reward, but didn't get it...... icon_e_sad.gif

You spent $300 in ISO looking for $0.25 worth of HP?

I didn't spend real money for the iso, farmed it all the hard way...Not gonna need them anyways...