Bonus pull weirdness

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know if this is MPQ acting up or my girl's wifi being goofy, but twice tonight I've had a 3* pull followed by a Bonus Hero of the same character, and when I went to my queue, I had one of the character pulled, and a second cover of an entirely different hero who was not among my selected Bonus Heroes.

Anybody else seeing this?

Moderator note, 21 March 2017:

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next app update, R123. [Edit: this is update is now out.]

Brigby wrote:
(Fixed in R123) The Bonus Hero comic displays twice instead of both the original comic cover and the Bonus Hero

The bug does not cause you to lose any cover rewards! What does happen is that it misreports what rewards you are receiving when a bonus hero is also pulled. Instead of showing you the random cover you would have pulled, followed by the bonus hero cover, it shows you the bonus hero as if it was the first pull and then shows it to you again as the bonus cover. When you look at your pending covers, you find the bonus cover and whatever cover you had actually pulled originally.

Note: Some players are reporting they do not have the "hidden" cover when they look at rewards, just a single copy of the bonus hero. If you see this, keep in mind that if you have an open roster slot and pull your first cover for a given character, it might have gone directly into your roster. See if you have a new 1-cover character of the same tier as the bonus hero. If you don't and are still certain you have lost a cover reward, please open a support ticket with full details.

Merging several threads on this issue and making this one sticky, because it keeps generating new threads.