Freeze board during countdown resolution

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
with the increasing number of countdown characters, I'd like to see an improvement to the resolution phase. The board moving as each tile resolves can cause matches that destroy other CD tiles before they're finished. I haven't noticed it for a while, but tiles moving to lower parts of the board had caused tiles to resolve multiple times during one phase. If the board were to freeze during resolution, it would allow tiles to resolve as intended without unintended destruction or improper resolution.

Comments

• DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I dont see this as often as i used to.

it used to be that using Loki you could get a bunch of his countdowns on the board and during CD phase, a tile disappearing could cause a match and drop a previously counted down tile to count down again.

I dont think this is the case anymore. i have been using Hawkguy and Starlord and i dont see any countdown going down more than once a turn.

your other comment about not destroying a CD because of a match is just the way the cookie crumbles. I dont think this is something that would be changed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is definitely more of a pain when you've carefully placed the CDs yourself to intentionally resolve them in a specific order, but for randomly-placed CDs I don't sweat it too much. The chance that the CDs won't go off is (I can only presume) baked into the value of the power itself.

There are some very specific powers where the resolution of multiple CDs is the point of the power but can be counter-productive if they don't resolve correctly or all at once (IM40 comes to mind) but I think they've done a pretty good job of patching up the problems that were caused in that specific case. There's still the poor interaction between IM40 and countdown tile accelerators, but he's pretty good with 95% of the cast so I think he's allowed a few "nonbos"
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would rather see all count downs resolve (tick down) together. Look at storm black, those fist tiles don't attack one by one. They all attack at the same time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    I would rather see all count downs resolve (tick down) together. Look at storm black, those fist tiles don't attack one by one. They all attack at the same time.

Like, all CDs count down by 1, and then all countdowns at 0 resolve in (presumably the old) order? Could work. Of course, get ready for the 50 order-of-operation bugs that would cause.