What about "old" 4*?

Lampo
Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
Today I opened DDQ and discovered that there was a nice fight between X-23 and Elektra. Having a decent x-23 I gave it a try, losing by not so many points. So I thought "maybe with 1 cover more my X-23 can make it, let's see if I can get one" and went to the Legendary token area to test my luck, only to discover that... except the newest 4*, all others completely disappeared, and not only from the Legendary token area, but from all other tokens too!

As far as I understand it, at the moment, the only ways to get a cover of an "old" 4* are:
-Very high progression prize in PVE (1 cover, at the moment a new 4*)
-Extremely high placement in PVE (1-10th place, 2 to 4 covers, at the moment a new 4*)
-Vault tokens in PVE (1 cover per 3 charachters, at the moment all new 4*)
-Super high progression prize in PVP (900 points, 1 cover, at the moment a new 4*)
-Extremely high placement in PVP (1-5th place, 2 or 3 covers, at the moment a new 4*)
-Very high progression prize in Simulator (1 cover, at the moment a new 4*)
-Deadpool vault (1 cover per 2 charachters)
-special vault about that charachter (1 cover)
-championing a 3* (3 covers)

So, basically, it's almost impossible to let grow a good part of our 4*s... icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Am I missing something or should I basically say "goodbye" to my hopes of moving from the 3* tier to the 4* one? icon_evil.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Pulling X-23 from a pack was always hard. Unless you didn't want her, then it was easy. icon_lol.gif

On the other hand, it does help people go through the 3 to 4 transition. I've got several of the new 4's max-covered. Would have been impossible before with the amount of tokens I used. Just need Iso now. Not saying I love the new system, but it has its uses.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, they vaulted old 4-stars? How come this is the first I've heard of it? You'd think every other thread on these forums would be about vaulting if the developers ever did something like that...
  • Lampo
    Pulling X-23 from a pack was always hard. Unless you didn't want her, then it was easy. icon_lol.gif

On the other hand, it does help people go through the 3 to 4 transition. I've got several of the new 4's max-covered. Would have been impossible before with the amount of tokens I used. Just need Iso now. Not saying I love the new system, but it has its uses.

Sure it helps... if you have only new charachters.
    I'd prefer if they'd got divided into "latest 4*" and "classic 4*", like for 5*... otherwise there is almost no chance to improve old charachters! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Lampo
    Today's DDQ Clash of Titans is Jean Grey vs Iceman.
    How am I supposed to have (or improve) my Iceman, since there is basically no way to find covers for him? Spending all my HP in Tacos vault, with the hope to get ONE cover out of 300 (0,3%), while the rest is mostly ****? icon_evil.gif
    Will my 0/0/1 Iceman just sit there forever?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lampo wrote:
    How am I supposed to have (or improve) my Iceman, since there is basically no way to find covers for him? Spending all my HP in Tacos vault, with the hope to get ONE cover out of 300 (0,3%), while the rest is mostly tinykitty? icon_evil.gif
    Set him as your favorite so you can get Bonus Hero covers for him. Try extra hard when he's a PvP/PvE reward. That's pretty much it at the moment.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lampo wrote:
    How am I supposed to have (or improve) my Iceman, since there is basically no way to find covers for him? Spending all my HP in Tacos vault, with the hope to get ONE cover out of 300 (0,3%), while the rest is mostly tinykitty? icon_evil.gif

Even when he was still in non-vault tokens, that was still practically true. You'd have to open hundreds of tokens to get even two ice man covers.
  • Lampo
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lampo wrote:

Even when he was still in non-vault tokens, that was still practically true. You'd have to open hundreds of tokens to get even two ice man covers.

Yes, but there was still hope... now, when the DDQ vault changes, that 0,3% is gone for... ever, like?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lampo wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lampo wrote:

Yes, but there was still hope... now, when the DDQ vault changes, that 0,3% is gone for... ever, like?

He'll be in DDQ vaults again, and not just during his own Crash week; each vault has 2 4* covers I believe. And I've seen him in at least one story event vault so far, which is only a 1/80 chance. Also I just got my 12th Ice Man cover as a bonus cover today and I'll get my 13th tomorrow in the resupply.

I acknowledge how well-timed and unlikely that was, however, the point is, he's still out there. 12 covers will take a while, but unless you're really short on roster slots there's not much harm in keeping him there just in case.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I had no idea that this happened. I keep pulling **** like Gwenpool and Wasp over and over (Bonus - my Peggy got maxed) and was seriously wondering why my luck was so terrible.