Thanos Infinite Power (purple) issue

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
Was going against Medusa and she had 10 purple AP to swap board around. I put out my purple to stop her from doing it but she used her power and swapped around all the tiles causing a massive cascade and winning the match.

Guessing this is not suppose to happen.

running on steam with new update v122.0

Comments

• Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Thanos' power says no tiles may be changed, which I assume means changed from one color or type to another. As far as I know, the power has always allowed moving tiles around. If she steals the ones she moves while the tile is out, that's probably a bug.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, it's supposed to prevent the board from being changed at all, except for making matches. This should include swapping tiles with Loki/Doc Ock/Medusa.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal is right. Thanos' Infinite Power is supposed to prevent any actions to tiles outside of making matches, making this a bug.

If you haven't already, could you please send in a ticket to Customer Support that explains this issue in further detail? They'll want to know your Username and device/platform information as well.

I've provided a link down below to Customer Support in case you'd like to send in a ticket:

https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    nigelregal wrote:
    Was going against Medusa and she had 10 purple AP to swap board around. I put out my purple to stop her from doing it but she used her power and swapped around all the tiles causing a massive cascade and winning the match.

Guessing this is not suppose to happen.

running on steam with new update v122.0

Silly question but still. Are we talking about 3* thanos or 5*?
    Because 3* purple does not affect the board. So medusa and everyone else can do as they please even if the cd tile is out
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    3* Magneto Magnetized Projectiles laughs in the face of Thanos' supposed 'Infinite Power'

What about 1 for 1 tile swappers?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woops, looks like I was mistaken with my last post, sorry about that...

Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinite Power countdown tile only prevents tiles on the board from effects that would destroy or change them. This does not include abilities that would shuffle or move the tiles on the board. So powers like Loki (Dark Reign)'s Illusions power or Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s Hair Meddle will still be able to trigger while Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinity Power countdown is on the board. This is because these powers do not change the tiles, merely move them. Changing them would imply changing their color and/or turn them into a special tile or countdown tile.

For sake of clarification, Skrofa is correct that the 3-star Thanos (Modern)'s Infinite Power countdown tile does not have the same board lockdown that the 5-star Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinite Power does.

Hopefully this helps to clear up any confusion!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Here's a post I started about what powers can fire during the Infinite Power CD being on the board, and which powers have to wait:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56883&p=648592#p635302

I haven't updated it for Ultron, or for the last couple of weeks of character releases.
    Thanks Tombstone!
    I had started a guide for Infinite Power in the quoted link above, glad I don't have to redo that whole thing.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Thanks all. I was using 5* Thanos. Wanted to confirm that we are still talking about 5* version with regards to Loki/Medusa
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    nigelregal wrote:
    Thanks all. I was using 5* Thanos. Wanted to confirm that we are still talking about 5* version with regards to Loki/Medusa
    might want to update the gamependium. first time I read OP, I went to the link to see you didn't have a 5thanos. looks like it hasn't been updated since November.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    This bug is still in the game! Thanos' purple power doesn't seem to prevent tile swapping effects. I ran into both Loki's Manipulation (often an enemy team up in the current event) and Moonstone's Gravity Warp in like 10 minutes of play today. This should be fixed by now...
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    It is not a bug. Tile moving is still allowed even if purple is out. Magneto, Loki, doc oc and medusa can still move them around. What cannot be done is

Create or remove a cd tile
    Create strike/attack/defense tiles
    Create charged tiles
    Destroy tiles/rows/columns

I may be missing some.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Can't steal tiles or convert them to another type or another color.
    Can't lock tiles or fortify them (although they can be unlocked via matching, I assume)
  • Jaedenkaal
    I think that one might actually be a graphical error; the Eye also disappears a few times each turn when it does activate which presumably is due to a bad icon reference/pointer. I wouldn't expect the eye to function when Infinite Power is down since everything it does converts tiles.

Does it come back when Infinite Power goes away? If not, then I have no idea ;)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the Eye of Agamotto bit, I wonder if it's lazy programming? The [5*] Eye may have been dealt with the same way as Countdown tiles that reset (Blade's Nightstalker, Human Torch's Flame Jet), so that it has an invisible 1-turn count on it. CD tiles that reset temporarily disappear at 0, then immediately return. With Infinite Power out, the return is considered by the system to be modifying a tile, so it vanishes instead, and the board drops as normal. Eye of Agamotto may have the secondary issue of the special tile programming that locks it in place, so that when it reaches the unseen zero, it vanishes and can't return, but the special tile code still says that it can't be moved, so you have the weird permmanent hole.