Clarification on shield clearance levels in pvp

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, say i go into clearance level 7. do the only targets i see come from clearance level 7, and similarly the only people that can attack me are from level 7? or is it wide open, with targets and attackers from other levels?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I heard you can even be attacked by players from MtGPQ in CL7. Not CL4 or CL8 though, those are safe.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    SCL in pvp only determines the rewards for progression and placement, as well as the bracket you are placed in. Opponents are picked from all different SCLs, though AFAIK they try to match you with equivalent opponents, at least until you hit 600pts or so.
  • jredd
    SCL in pvp only determines the rewards for progression and placement, as well as the bracket you are placed in. Opponents are picked from all different SCLs, though AFAIK they try to match you with equivalent opponents, at least until you hit 600pts or so.

so that's why i'm getting hit by guys with 2 champed 5*... cause i totally have no champed 5*.
  • jredd
    Ludaa wrote:
    I heard you can even be attacked by players from MtGPQ in CL7. Not CL4 or CL8 though, those are safe.

i'm not sure why you think that's funny.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    jredd wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

Because you signed up here over 2 years ago and need to ask about clearance levels still? It's been covered many times before.

Use the search function.
    Use D3's own F.A.Q https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-levels.
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?

Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matchmade against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Clearance Levels currently does not impact matchmaking.
    Ask on Line.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    your SLC is different from your MMR and you can be a target or que up anyone in ur ET if they and you are in MMR range.
  • jredd
    Ludaa wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

Because you signed up here over 2 years ago and need to ask about clearance levels still? It's been covered many times before.

Use the search function.
    Use D3's own F.A.Q https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-levels.
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?

Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matchmade against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Clearance Levels currently does not impact matchmaking.
    Ask on Line.

i don't read everything on every page/forum/sub forum/link. thanks for posting that. could have done that with your first post and kept the snarky comment.

i've noticed a definite change in the types of teams i'm getting in my cues and getting hit by. probably a byproduct of an improving roster. although i suspect a greater number of folk are sandbagging now too.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I was just beaten by twin 5* champs, 515 and 550. My highest character is a 360 oml. After clearing that, a team of 180s champ 3* showed up. I'm wondering if the patch didn't tweak mmr, maybe a little further than they expected?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    msp2211 wrote:
    I was just beaten by twin 5* champs, 515 and 550. My highest character is a 360 oml. After clearing that, a team of 180s champ 3* showed up. I'm wondering if the patch didn't tweak mmr, maybe a little further than they expected?
    Maybe this is just you venting, but we might be able to figure out what's going on if you give more context. Maybe Cage is nearly maxed for you putting him near lvl 400 after boosts, and if you have two boosted 4*, there's at least a small chance your team's MMR is pushed up higher than it otherwise would be. My guess is either your own score put you up to the point where anyone can see you, or the 5* team's score is so high he has broken his MMR and is now being fed much weaker teams for not a lot of points. Knowing your score and how many points this 5* team took from you would help a lot...
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Sure, my roster is up to date in my signature. My cage, boosted, is 334ish. I was at 400 points, where my normal float point is 450 or so. Overall, I believe I was in the 70's rank in slice 4, scl 8. I was running cage, OML, and Antman. I wasn't shielded. I have no problem getting hit by 5* teams, I'm just not normally hit by them. I'm not a top tier player and I hope I didn't come across that way. I think it was a 19 point loss, and not a 1 or 2 pointer.