Anyone else wonder this?

tgibbs40
tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So awhile back, we received an in game poll asking us about new features.

My understanding of the poll was that, simply, our heroes earned us goods while they were away.

So my question is: Do you think it overwhelmingly failed and that's why we got bonus heroes/vaulting?

MPQ was ready to roll out some new idea that it thought users would love, it got crushed in the poll, and they came up with this as an alternative and decided to push it thru without feedback?

I really don't know but the idea keeps coming back to me. So I finally decided to put it out there and see if anyone else thought this might be the reason. Or maybe why we got this "feature" instead of the one that we were asked about. I'm curious if anyone has any insight into the matter.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Maybe it'll be implemented at some point, but I'd guess a feature like that would require many development hours, plus time to plan/figure it out before that.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something like this may take awhile to develop.. it will (if ever) likely appear sometime at the end of the Summer, before Anniversary like SHIELD Rank/Clearance Level or around this time next year like Bonus Heroes and DDQ
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe they could add a bonus when your team-up countdowns finish.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the asking stage, if the feature was implimented within weeks people would say "Wait, why did they ask us about a feature they were obviously going to just bulldoze into the game anyway?"

So either it was well in production and they asked to give the illusion of feedback and then shoved it in...or they rushed something out the door based on the feedback form.

But instead the feature is taking a long time to come out. I infer from that it was an idea that felt so different from what MPQ has been about up until now they wanted to test the waters to see what people thought first, coalating thoughts and speculation, before moving on to the development stage. They'll have been in the planning stages for some time after the feedback form "How do we want to proceed? What's the goal? How will the player benefit? Can we make money from this without making the player feel like we're turning this game fee-to-pay or pay-to-win?" all that kinda stuff. After that comes the harder stuff. Programming and testing and all that stuff. I imagine something like this will come out like clearance levels and shield rank. It'll be in waves, little bits added at a time, judging reaction and execution, see if things need to be tweaked before the next bit comes in.

We'll be waiting a while, methinks =)
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Also remember how long it took for medusa to be added? This is an entire game mode and not a character.