Silence and crickets

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Inner peace. Inner peace. Inner, inner peace. Patience. Patience. The gentle chirp of crickets fades into silence. Inner peace and patience. Breath in through my nose and out through my mouth. I will behave I will be nice . May we please have a response to our protest ? Thank you very much.

Comments

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the response to our outcry is that you don't give a tinykitty... you are doing a perfect job showing it.

Can you at least respond that our disdain has been heard and that you guys are discussing whether to make any adjustments?
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    must be a long, awkward day of meetings today... i wonder how many people are crying...
  • MightyKrakyn
    Options
    Yvendros wrote:
    must be a long, awkward day of meetings today... i wonder how many people are crying...

My guess is zero. They're not hurt by this, really. They haven't seen any financial ramifications yet except maybe a slow weekend, and maybe not even that since we all bought packs to see if anything changed with the update. I know I dropped my usual hundred.

If I was a dev, I'd be kind of depressed and disappointed that the thing I worked on for so long (forced by management, no doubt) is universally reviled, and also that we keep blaming "devs" when we really mean "Hibernum marketing management."
  • babar3355
    Options
    Gonna have to ask you to stop spending money sir! =)
  • DSidey
    DSidey Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm not dropping a dollar on anything here until prices are returned to what they were before and Trials is altered to reflect a game that cares to satisfy it's players.

I'm boycotting. I encourage everyone else to boycott purchasing and dropping crystals until we are satisfied.

Post about your boycott. Make it clear.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We certainly haven't been ignoring the community's feedback. We just want to make sure that we've identified all the key points players have been highlighting, so the team can appropriately address these issues.

(For instance, the removal of Mythics from coalition placement rewards has been met with negative sentiment, because it removes incentive for players to compete, since Mana Jewels are valued significantly lower than a single Mythic)

We will be formally discussing these topics during our next meeting, and begin developing a course-of-action plan. Thank you for being patient.
  • babar3355
    Options
    Well thanks Brigby.. nice to know that everyone is at least aware that the community is irate.

I think the general sentiment is not that mythics are no longer handed out like candy to the top coalitions, but rather the size and the scale to the prize nerfs have been so brutal.
  • Brigby
    Options
    babar3355 wrote:
    Well thanks Brigby.. nice to know that everyone is at least aware that the community is irate.

I think the general sentiment is not that mythics are no longer handed out like candy to the top coalitions, but rather the size and the scale to the prize nerfs have been so brutal.
    Oh, event rewards in general are definitely on our list of topics to address. I merely picked a random one out of the list to use as an example in my above post, that's all.
  • MightyKrakyn
    MightyKrakyn Posts: 64
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Brigby - I'm glad that you and the team are working on these issues. But please don't make the same mistakes you made last time. Please do not hesitate to bounce ideas off of us instead of guessing how we might want them fixed. If you want to make money, we're the people to talk to.

Please hold official polls or ask more specific questions (going into real detail this time, not vague posits: when you guys asked about "mythic packs" in your surveys, we had no freaking clue that any of this is what you meant. We thought you meant the awesome 350 crystal packs) or something. If you guys independently create and implement another "solution" and it goes badly again, that's it man. And nobody wants that to happen. You need us to spend money to make money, so ask us what we want to spend money on, how much, and why.
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi Brigby,
    First let me say thank you for responding. We really do all appreciate you.
    If you could, could you give us some idea of a timeline on an official response?
    Many of us are walking a knifes edge with the game right now
    We won't be spending any more money until our concerns are addressed, however we won't start a mass exodus until we find out if they will be.
    For some though the waiting without any clear idea of a timeline will become too much and they will start looking for a new game to spend on.
    This hurts all of us. We want the game to be profitable as much as you do.
    An unprofitable game will not survive. However the current update completely sacrificed every aspect of this game to keep players interested in playing and paying.
    All cost with no reward.

I hope this finds you well and you may have some timeline idea for us.

We are all in this together

Houdin
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well we have to be a little realistic about how soon they can get back to us with a satisfactory response,much less any sort of in-game change. Brigby is doing what he can, so we just have to wait and see. Give it a week tops. I think that's more than fair.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think you have 99 problems to discuss at your next meeting Brigby.....
    Here's a few I'd bring up if I was in-charge of QA and community relations.

Should we change the pack quantities back to 14 for 600 manacrystal.png as we haven't addressed the drop rate and 5 packs for 300 manacrystal.png hasn't helped at all in the community and has been met with disdain (as you put it).

Should we have a look at the new "Trial of Planes Event" and cost of entry (60 manacrystal.png ) vs rewards?, maybe look at the AI advantages in each.

Should we look to balance some cards that have become too powerful or have been released too powerful ie Baral... This is effecting peoples gaming experiences in Quick Match and more significantly in Events where points mean prizes.

Shall we release a daily rare that players can purchase for a cost of manacrystal.png like the offers that happen weekly, but have this a daily.

Is there any scope for bringing in iso8.png into the Quick Match atmosphere. Either to replace manarune.png or maybe have a secondary objective that is randomly generated that gives 1 iso8.png if you win and complete this objective.

Is it time to look at Revolt of the Consulate and the objectives that are difficult to win, ie 3.1, maybe tweak some other objectives that promote negative play to achieve ribbons ie "Win with less than 10hp". "Summom 2 or less creatures" (in a removal heavy game nower days) this a becoming harder and harder.

I can think of many more......
  • MightyKrakyn
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Well we have to be a little realistic about how soon they can get back to us with a satisfactory response,much less any sort of in-game change. Brigby is doing what he can, so we just have to wait and see. Give it a week tops. I think that's more than fair.

I'm in a top 10 event standing coalition, and there are required completion rates. I cannot bring myself to invest all the time I normally do. I have a fast paced job that makes me crave leisure, and I refuse to spend my leisure time trudging through this unrewarding quagmire. I have zero motivation to play right now. I'm going to at the very least have to relinquish my position in my coalition, and it would be unfair of me to ask them to kick out my replacement whenever Hibernum gets its act together. This is the case for many people here, so we like interaction to be more timely than that.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can see it now... "we've heard your complaints and we decided to fix everything by getting rid of the 'coalition' thing all together. You're welcome!"
  • DSidey
    DSidey Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ha! Leaderboard has been hacked!
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would rather it take a week and get some properly thought out changes than a 24 hour turnaround that results in 1000 free runes for everyone.

I'm sympathetic to those with coalition requirements but can't expect that to influence any decisions tbh. With coalition rewards having been largely nerfed, I'm sure there's more leeway around X% requirements and top ten finishes than there usually is anyway.

If it does take a week though, please make an effort to communicate with us, D3/H, in the interim.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DSidey wrote:
    Ha! Leaderboard has been hacked!
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61054
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They'll roll back a bit but keep monetizing as much as they can. The only point they listen to is how far they can push. So expect a few bones tossed our way. Very few I expect.

There are plenty of fish in the sea (mammals too) to be hooked. Don't expect anything to retain the current player pool.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. We certainly haven't been ignoring the community's feedback. We just want to make sure that we've identified all the key points players have been highlighting, so the team can appropriately address these issues.

(For instance, the removal of Mythics from coalition placement rewards has been met with negative sentiment, because it removes incentive for players to compete, since Mana Jewels are valued significantly lower than a single Mythic)

We will be formally discussing these topics during our next meeting, and begin developing a course-of-action plan. Thank you for being patient.

Brigby yet again doing the dirty work and being the fall guy. Thanks for responding Brigby. As ever, your work is appreciated.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Houdin wrote:
    Hi Brigby,
    First let me say thank you for responding. We really do all appreciate you.
    If you could, could you give us some idea of a timeline on an official response?
    Many of us are walking a knifes edge with the game right now
    We won't be spending any more money until our concerns are addressed, however we won't start a mass exodus until we find out if they will be.
    For some though the waiting without any clear idea of a timeline will become too much and they will start looking for a new game to spend on.
    This hurts all of us. We want the game to be profitable as much as you do.
    An unprofitable game will not survive. However the current update completely sacrificed every aspect of this game to keep players interested in playing and paying.
    All cost with no reward.

I hope this finds you well and you may have some timeline idea for us.

We are all in this together

Houdin
    I'll do my best, but it's very hard for me to determine an official timeline, considering we're addressing a lot of feedback from a lot of changes. I would imagine that it would take a week or two just to even compile all the feedback, present it to the developers, and then get their feedback on it. If there are any disagreements, then you have to add on time to account for a lot of back and forth discussion.

Once a specific plan is agreed upon, the time it takes to implement that plan also depends on the complexity of the changes. Even simple number changes would need to be evaluated and balanced, let alone completely new features being developed. (This is just coming from an outsider to the development cycle too, so I bet it's way more complex coming from a developer's perspective)

Sorry if this doesn't seem like a concrete answer, but hopefully it explains a little bit as to why it's rare for us to announce specific deadlines or arrival times.