Things D3/Demiurge needs to improve on!

2»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maggia Muscle. Sorry, I know I just mentioned them in another thread, too, but I got four clears on the entire current sub using fewer health packs than I did to get two clears on four of the nodes in the last sub, just because of the Muscle dudes, and I'm feeling kind of frustrated. When Lvl 110 Minions are repeatedly leading to a full team wipe of a Lvl140-180 team, something is wrong.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    A small thing but one that's worth mentioning...

Can we get the list of boosted characters a week in advance? It really helps me when deciding how to spend iso. Usually bright is really good about this, but sometimes he lags.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Train screen. Scroll scroll scroll, find a character you want to level up. Press back, and you are back to the beginning. Can we not please??

Favourite teams. This was quite noticeable during boss events. Completely different teams for nodes and boss fights. And with a hero selection screen that is not quite user friendly it made things a bit more troublesome than it should.

All the other things people have mentioned!

I am starting to think that the Devs don't really play with actual accounts (*). If they did, even for a week or so, they would very easily realise what needs tweaking and what not.

(*) This reminded me of the "make love not Warcraft" episode of Southpark.
    Blizzard's president: i don't have a WoW account, do you?
    Executive: No, i have a life
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I think this image says a lot between the difference in games and communication. This should be the standard. I enjoy this game but my biggest gripe is that we are essentially beta testers.

2r7oeoj.png
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you looked at CoC reviews, you would see enormous anger after the prior update. A game that is "Editors Choice" in iTunes had an average of 2*s. There was review after review with 1* after an apparent MASSIVE nerf to many favorite characters. CoC could either issue this update or basically close shop, based on the response as I saw it.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:
    D3 can't fix half of these.
    Demiurge on the other hand...

I've been posting here a while and I still don't know what the division of labor is between the two. I would assume most are the same and just say D3 because it's faster.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Skrofa wrote:
    Train screen. Scroll scroll scroll, find a character you want to level up. Press back, and you are back to the beginning. Can we not please??
    Oh my God, this! I experience this annoying behavior every single day... so whyyy this wasn't already fixed? Please?
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Why is the VIP duration only 27 days ... why not a month ?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

I've been posting here a while and I still don't know what the division of labor is between the two. I would assume most are the same and just say D3 because it's faster.

This makes me sad icon_e_sad.gif

Demiurge are the devs, who design and make the game.

D3 are the publishers. They basically do all the PR. So for instance Brigby works for D3, so if demiurge don't give him info to give us, he can't give us anything.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here are recent changes that I think have not been great and could use some updating:
    -Announcements (It really really bugged me that the MAJOR change of Bonus Heroes/Vaulting wasn't announced but rather just told to players that it is currently a thing. For a change this big, I feel there should at least be a teaser a couple weeks in advance such as "We are about to change something about opening tokens." etc)

While I can see what you are saying here about communication if they had said there was a big change coming to how tokens are used/acquired then everyone would have started hoarding (like they did when champing was teased) and then everyone would be crying about how they wish they hadn't been teased and then they would have spent normally and not been forced into wasting all their tokens on a pool of characters they don't like.

If they had said they were vaulting the older characters then brigby and chthulu would have needed to vanish for a week while the internet sets on fire.

It's a tricky balance for the devs and community managers on this issue. It IS better to communicate changes in advance but at the same time each change has to be considered individually.

Maybe they could have said "There is a change coming which will include some characters being vaulted and taken out of the token pools in order to alleviate the dilution problem - this may not be permanent and may also be changed in future depending on how it affects the player base and game" Which would arguably be better and also manage expectations pretty well.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    One I can't believe hasn't been fixed yet -- Positive/Negative countdowns.

Many characters can increase/decrease countdowns, such as Coulson or Hood. icon_captainamerica.pngicon_hood.png

Some characters, you want the countdowns to stick around as long as possible, since they give a benefit. Arbitrarily decreasing one of these countdowns for an ally makes no sense. Call these Positive countdowns, or Benefit countdowns. icon_antman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_colossus_new.png

With more characters, you want the countdown to expire. Hawkeye's arrows, for example. Call these Negative countdowns, or Trigger. These you want to expire. icon_nickfury.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_beast.png

Instead of making things worse for the ally team, a countdown reduction power should instead decrease the Negative countdowns, or increase the positive countdowns.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

This makes me sad icon_e_sad.gif

Demiurge are the devs, who design and make the game.

D3 are the publishers. They basically do all the PR. So for instance Brigby works for D3, so if demiurge don't give him info to give us, he can't give us anything.

I've been playing for over two years and on the forums almost daily that entire time and I still get them backwards sometimes. Really it shouldn't even be noted as separate to us, any user problem is both of their problems and they should work together as a unit to get things done. As long as they are pointing fingers at each other and act separately than communication with the user-base will suffer.

Maybe the OP should change the thread title to D3/Demiurge. Or maybe as a user-base we should start calling them D3miurge.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    One I can't believe hasn't been fixed yet -- Positive/Negative countdowns.

Many characters can increase/decrease countdowns, such as Coulson or Hood. icon_captainamerica.pngicon_hood.png

Some characters, you want the countdowns to stick around as long as possible, since they give a benefit. Arbitrarily decreasing one of these countdowns for an ally makes no sense. Call these Positive countdowns, or Benefit countdowns. icon_antman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_colossus_new.png

With more characters, you want the countdown to expire. Hawkeye's arrows, for example. Call these Negative countdowns, or Trigger. These you want to expire. icon_nickfury.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_beast.png

Instead of making things worse for the ally team, a countdown reduction power should instead decrease the Negative countdowns, or increase the positive countdowns.

Countdowns and countups?
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Why do I have to do math? I can do it in my head but why should I have to?
    Didn't we invent computers originally to do repetitive calculations?

IMHB:
    Deals XXX damage per red tile.
    Add text: If fired now, will deal YYY (XXX multiplied by %number of tiles%) damage.

I think colorless was already mentioned but why not a trade-in process in game?

Trade X covers [where X is the tier] to get one cover (your choice of color) for one of those characters that was traded in?
    You are giving up the ISO (3k ISO in the case of 4*) as a penalty to get something you need.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    how about letting us know what pve is next, and who is boosted next? Brigby is doing fine, but it does seem that we are the last to know, where we used to get a heads up.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    The main improvement I'd like to see is an update that doesn't have any horrible glitches.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    A little off topic but I wish characters added to waves after another dies gets pushed to the back of the list instead of the front. Chances are the older characters have CD tiles out where the new on obviously doesn't. (Also doesn't help that switching characters on the phone is troublesome sometimes)
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There used to be a day+ delay between the game telling us that an update exists and the game forcing us to update. Now it's the same day and some of these bugs are hindering climbs and interfering with event schedules.