best *** for heroic mode?

Options
Except the only powered up feature *** (for example Daredevil, Modern Thor and Human Torch for now), the *** left to choose are black panther or psylocke, which one is better(average) for heroic mode?
Any advice? Thx.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Panther's black and yellow (paired with Modern Storm) has been singlehandedly carrying me through the event.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    BP definitely carried me in the event. Most every fight was based entirely on getting black and yellow and then a handful of red. Then MIstress of the Elements -> Battleplan -> Rage of the Panther.
  • Yep, Black Panther all the way. Rage of the Panther skill pretty much devastated opponents every time I managed to get enough black AP. Although to use that effectively you need high level BP and also his black skill should be quite high. My BP is lvl90 with 4/4/5 skills.
  • It had to be HT for me I have him at lvl 128, BP came a close second, Psylockes blue which I don't use much was also very useful for HT or BP depending on opposition. Those last few hours of the event I enjoyed. Slow build up but that last lap was exciting. Need my scaling to lower for the upcoming daken PVE
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been running with Psylocke (who I leveled from low 70s to 102 over the course of the event) / Wolverine 85 / Torch 18.

For a while at the beginning I was using Black Panther instead of Wolverine, but with him capped on a 4/2/2 build at level 77, I didn't seem to be getting much out of him (Rage is barely 1000 damage, Strike Tiles take more work to lay down than the Psylocke/Wolverine combo). I haven't tried the BP+Storm that others have suggested, though.
  • Depends on your support Hero.

The two functional combinations as mentioned above are

1) Black Panther/Modern Storm @ 5 Red, 9 Yellow, 12 Black
    Mistress of the Elements + Battleplan + Rage of the Panther

2) Psylocke/Wolverine @ 6 Green, 12 Red, 6 Black
    Feral Claws + Adamantium Slash + Psi-Katana

I'm using (2) because at +6 to all, I just need 2 Red match-3s before I can unleash hell on my enemies. If I save up to 12/12/12 I can end the match even faster but that's provided I get there before dying.
  • Doragon wrote:
    2) Psylocke/Wolverine @ 6 Green, 12 Red, 6 Black
    Feral Claws + Adamantium Slash + Psi-Katana

I'm using (2) because at +6 to all, I just need 2 Red match-3s before I can unleash hell on my enemies. If I save up to 12/12/12 I can end the match even faster but that's provided I get there before dying.
    I've been doing (2) as well, going for 6 green and 6 red first. That let's me drop 2x strength 40 strike tiles from Wolvie and then a 122 strength Psylocke strike tile with her red. That generally sets up enough power to get me through most matches. If I'm still in good shape, I'll hold on to the red and go for 12 red. My 3rd char is HT @110 (1/1/1).

It's not the greatest, but it did carry me to 2x top 50 with moderate effort.
  • A fully covered black panther makes quick work of these heroic goons, not sure I would've been able to place top5 without his Rage of Panther mowing down the field.

Use M Storm, M Hawkeye, and Wolverine on the easy nodes to give BP/HT/Psylocke a reprieve, will save you some healthpacks and time spent in prologue healing.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Another tip if you have the roster slot sis to keep a level 1 covercapped M. Storm: she's been invaluable for me in this event for saving health packs.
  • Another tip if you have the roster slot sis to keep a level 1 covercapped M. Storm: she's been invaluable for me in this event for saving health packs.

Though I will note this is not necessary for the HT nodes and in fact I prefer having a levelled M Storm for the HT nodes - her Mistress of the Elements does a fair bit of damage.

Probably not as big of a concern to those that have 5 black BP covers and a high level, but mine is only in the low 100s and only has 4 black covers, so I tend to grind the villain down enough health before unleashing Rage (usually they're down below my Rage threshold before I collect the 12 black anyway).
  • All things being equal, I agree that Black Panther is the best choice.

However, if you are asking because you are deciding which one to level, then it would depend on how covered and what level they are at (relative to how much ISO you have available to use to level).

In my situation, I have a fulled capped Psylocke (5/3/5), and only a partially levelled BP (3/4/3). Because black is BP's best ability, and really needs 4 or 5 covers to be effective, I chose to level my Psylocke.

For the HT nodes I use lvl 80 Psylocke and lvl 80 M Hawkeye. I try and gather black, red, and blue. Her Psi-Katana strike is cheap (6 black AP), and does significant front end dmg (at lvl 80 around 600) as well as a 150 hp DoT. My M Hawkeye does 2200 dmg with a 2 turn stun for his blue, around 1500 dmg to all with his red. With this team I was about to place top 50 in both brackets......this I think was the best I could do given the limited roster. With M Hawkeye you have to really watch to clear colors so the CD tile doesn't get matched away. It also means usually killing the villian first before goons, so you can gain complete control of the board.

Obviously this won't work if you are facing lvl 200+ mobs, they have too many hps. Currently my normal bracket is at around lvl 40-50, while my hard bracket is at lvl 60-80.

For non-HT nodes, I sub in M storm or IM 35.
  • All things being equal, I agree that Black Panther is the best choice.

However, if you are asking because you are deciding which one to level, then it would depend on how covered and what level they are at (relative to how much ISO you have available to use to level).

In my situation, I have a fulled capped Psylocke (5/3/5), and only a partially levelled BP (3/4/3). Because black is BP's best ability, and really needs 4 or 5 covers to be effective, I chose to level my Psylocke.

For the HT nodes I use lvl 80 Psylocke and lvl 80 M Hawkeye. I try and gather black, red, and blue. Her Psi-Katana strike is cheap (6 black AP), and does significant front end dmg (at lvl 80 around 600) as well as a 150 hp DoT. My M Hawkeye does 2200 dmg with a 2 turn stun for his blue, around 1500 dmg to all with his red. With this team I was able to place top 50 in both brackets......this I think was the best I could do given the limited roster. With M Hawkeye you have to really watch to clear colors so the CD tile doesn't get matched away. It also means usually killing the villian first before goons, so you can gain complete control of the board.

Obviously this won't work if you are facing lvl 200+ mobs, they have too many hps. Currently my normal bracket is at around lvl 40-50, while my hard bracket is at lvl 60-80.

For non-HT nodes, I sub in M storm or IM 35.
  • Black Panther is simply a stronger hero than Psylocke overall, and this event is even more skewed in his favor because you pretty much will always have Modern Storm on your team.
  • Another tip if you have the roster slot sis to keep a level 1 covercapped M. Storm: she's been invaluable for me in this event for saving health packs.

Why level 1? Or do you just mean for people who haven't kept a maxed mStorm?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Another tip if you have the roster slot sis to keep a level 1 covercapped M. Storm: she's been invaluable for me in this event for saving health packs.

Why level 1? Or do you just mean for people who haven't kept a maxed mStorm?

A level 1 M. Storm can't tank any of the colors because her tile damage isn't high enough to beat out the other members of your team. Since you don't use M. Storm for damage typically anyways, this focuses all of the damage on the beefier guys on your team (Black Panther, etc), thus saving you health packs that you would have otherwise had to use on your squishier M. Storm.

For example, my level 30 M. Storm tanked green and red if A. Wolvie died, which means that she shortly died afterwards. My level 1 M. Storm on the other hand, wouldn't tank the colors and so she can work in the background while BP tanks all the hits.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do like a few levels in M.storm so she can (barely) survive one of those AoE blue countdowns. Assuming you controlled the strike tiles anyway
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I do like a few levels in M.storm so she can (barely) survive one of those AoE blue countdowns. Assuming you controlled the strike tiles anyway

Yeah, it's a tradeoff between M. Storm having the hp to survive AoE attacks or a hit in case the opponents cascade and kill someone and your M. Storm pops up in front vs ensuring that she never tanks any colors in any team composition.
  • lvl 50 storm doesn't tank torch colors either since he's buffed by 90 extra levels
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    lvl 50 storm doesn't tank torch colors either since he's buffed by 90 extra levels

Yeah, at first I was thinking "Torch tanks for mStorm, so why keep her at level 1?" but Polarity has a point that if Torch bites it you don't want her thinking "green tiles? Stand back guys I got this"
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    lvl 50 storm doesn't tank torch colors either since he's buffed by 90 extra levels

Yeah, at first I was thinking "Torch tanks for mStorm, so why keep her at level 1?" but Polarity has a point that if Torch bites it you don't want her thinking "green tiles? Stand back guys I got this"

It doesn't matter as much for this event since torch shares colors as you guys said, but I still think it's useful to have on hand. This mattered a lot more in the last heroic: my team was IM40/A. Wolvie/mBW. My level 30 5/5 mBW infuriatingly tanked purple on that roster so I built up another level 1 2/5 mBW so that I didn't have to waste health packs on her. If you can afford have the roster space, I would definitely recommend keeping around a level 1 mBW/M. Storm: they are pretty useful in the heroics and can be fodder for retreat tanking to boot.