Best back to back pulls ever

Tilesmasher
Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I HAD a 4/4/4 OML and a 2/5/4 PHX, that is until I spent 20 of my 40cp, pow, OML! *dancing ensues*

Very next pull I spend my last 20 and pull a green PHX, the bonus hero kicks in and.. Red PHX!

I can't believe the luck! Suddenly I have a choice to make on if I want to join the 5* party..

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Not to be a downer, but the real question is do you have enough iso?
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Not yet haha!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's awesome! It's such an amazing feeling when luck actually works out so greatly in your favor. Enjoy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone care to do the maths?

First one is easy enough, any oml cover in classics is 1/10 of 15% = 0.015
    Next pull being phx green in classics is 1/30 of 15% = 0.005
    Chance of phx red being bonus (assuming phx was the only favorite) is 1/3 of 5% = 0.0167

Times them all together and you get 0.00000125 or 1/800000. Is this correct?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Oops, doubles.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:
    Anyone care to do the maths?

First one is easy enough, any oml cover in classics is 1/10 of 15% = 0.015
    Next pull being phx green in classics is 1/30 of 15% = 0.005
    Chance of phx red being bonus (assuming phx was the only favorite) is 1/3 of 5% = 0.0167

Times them all together and you get 0.00000125 or 1/800000. Is this correct?

All right, fess up. You're the channer who found Shia Labouf's flag by triangulating contrails and star charts aren't you? icon_lol.gif
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I have yet to get a 5* bonus cover but out of the last 160 CP cashed in on Classic Legends covers, I received:

token_legendary.pngicon_ironman.pngredflag.png , yellowflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngblueflag.png
    icon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.png

The other 40 CP got me:
    icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.png
    4* icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 3 Phoenix in a row back before I champed her. I've also gotten a Bonus Hero on my only 5* pull since the feature was introduced.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    When I wanted to test the Bonus Hero thing, I opened one legendary. It gave me Black Panther. Opened a second token and it gave me Doctor Strange, with a bonus Doctor Strange of a different color.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, there's a decent argument against super strict vaulting, but I expect them to tweak that over time. In the meantime, bonus heroes are leading to some awesome feeling pulls. I haven't had anything quite so epic as the OP, but even a mundane bonus 5* that adds a second cover and a ~tenth feels really great.