PVE/PVP Slice Grind

Andre_Leca_89
Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I am a PVE player I've been playing slice 4 for the longest time now I can tell you if you don't grind in slice 4 you probably won't finish top 50.

Now that daylight savings time is here I can't do slice 4 do to my day to day schedule it's an hour early then before my question is witch PVE slices have less competitive players I'm thinking of slice 5 I could work with that one.

If anyone can leave some feedback on witch slice you think has less grinders it be great.

I'm not much of a PVP player but I would like to know witch slice is best to get does much needed points and is it better to join a slice before it starts or after.

Hope I can get something out of this much appreciated feedback.

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play in slice 5 and it is competitive but not onerously so. I always wait at least 12 hours before joining an event though. The top 10 are usually the same names but the top 50 has some variety.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play Slice 5 too.

If your looking for T10 type finishes and don't mind losing out on the top progression prize (15 cp) then I've found that selecting CL7 and skipping day 1 entirely and joining mid day 2 gives much easier brackets. Those mostly contain players who aren't competitive or lack one of the 3 essential characters so you can usually finish T50 doing 4 clears (including essentials) and T10 if you clear to check marks and attempt some optimal play on the final day when the points are at their highest.

For example in the 7 day Hulk event that just ran I joined on day 3 and lacked Gwenpool. I still hit 100K (got progression) after getting her on day 6 and that was enough to finish T20.

KGB
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i play slice 1 because it fits my work schedule best
    placement isn't the greatest for me though
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    You definitely don't want s2. I'd say s5 is your best bet.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor

I usually play slice 2, but it's not going to work for me this week, so I switched to slice 3. I just did my initial 4 clears, and while I'd usually be somewhere between 40 and 80, I'm sitting at 13. An hour and a half in and the bracket isn't even full yet.

Is this how the other half lives?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne wrote:

I usually play slice 2, but it's not going to work for me this week, so I switched to slice 3. I just did my initial 4 clears, and while I'd usually be somewhere between 40 and 80, I'm sitting at 13. An hour and a half in and the bracket isn't even full yet.

Is this how the other half lives?

S2 is one of the grindiest slices. So few flips so everyone is bunched up together.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Heh, and for past 2 months I was playing slice 2 thinking it's easiest one... so where I can score that t10 with less effort? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    sh81 wrote:
    By slice do you mean time slot for when the game begins?

Yes slice=time slot