Planeswalker Arena: Unofficial info thread

Options
Delnai
Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ Events
Figured I'd start a thread in this forum since I details on it are given in the official announcement, and there's no thread about it here.

This weekend it's for Dovin Baan, Sarkhan the Mad, and an open node. Both players are enraged after 5 turns.

Dovin Baan
2 ribbon: Energize 40 or more gems.
1 ribbon: cast 2 or fewer spells.

Sarkhan
2 ribbons: summon 6 or more dragons.
1 ribbon: kill 3 or fewer enemy creatures.

Open node:
2 ribbons: energize 6 or more gems.
1 ribbon: play 2 or more vehicles.

I find Sarkhan's node particularly difficult. Dragons are expensive, so getting to 6 takes time. And to not die during that time I have to kill enemy creatures. (Since he's red/black, there aren't many bounce/disable options.)

Comments

• Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love this NOT.
    Dovan game 1 vs Kiora.....Baral Combo.
    Dovan game 2 vs Jace 1.....Baral combo
    Fun times....2 loses.

Ummm Sarkhan game 1 vs Kiora... Baral combo...

Free Node.Nahiri game 1 vs Kiora.....Baral combo

I f...ing love Baral.......
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, for Sarkhan's objective of Summon 6 dragons...

You know there are a limited number of dragons out there and all cost at least 12 (for Hellkite)... And yet, his second ability creates a dragon, which makes it easier for owners of Sarkhan to at least try to achieve this objective, is not counted because it's a token dragon.

Could you possibly, next time around, consider changing this so that Sarkhan's token dragon DOES count? It's still the second ability so takes more loyalty, but at least for the dragon-creature-challenged Sarkhan owners, it's at least achievable.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love this NOT.
    Dovan game 1 vs Kiora.....Baral Combo.
    Dovan game 2 vs Jace 1.....Baral combo
    Fun times....2 loses.

Ummm Sarkhan game 1 vs Kiora... Baral combo...

Free Node.Nahiri game 1 vs Kiora.....Baral combo

I f...ing love Baral.......

I feel for you. Same for me. If it wasn't infinite Baral for me, it was one of the two Liliana's with a hand full of cheap kill spells slowly pecking away at me with one or two Prized Amalgams
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    So 7 out of 9 were some form of Baral combo. I beat one of them because he had some more expensive spells than 3.

I literally put my phone down and did something else while they were comboing and came back in a few mins to see if i had a go.

This is awsome caed making D3.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I never bothered checking the top rankers of this event, it surprises me that despite suffering five losses (bad RNG), I still managed to make it at rank 55. That many losses in any other event would have kicked me out of the top 500 altogether, costing me my crystals.

In light of that, I'm not sure what to feel about the objectives. They are absurdly insane to achieve, and yet they do work wonders to put a damper to complete perfects quite well which gives quite a few players chances to shoot that high up (in most events, I only managed to get top 500, or top 250 at best)

Still, Sarkhan's 6 dragons objective is a complete contrary to the Enraged event; I have to say that one part is super dumb.
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    Did the first one. Refuse to play anymore.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "&#91 wrote: »
    "]While I never bothered checking the top rankers of this event, it surprises me that despite suffering five losses (bad RNG), I still managed to make it at rank 55. That many losses in any other event would have kicked me out of the top 500 altogether, costing me my crystals.

In light of that, I'm not sure what to feel about the objectives. They are absurdly insane to achieve, and yet they do work wonders to put a damper to complete perfects quite well which gives quite a few players chances to shoot that high up (in most events, I only managed to get top 500, or top 250 at best)

Still, Sarkhan's 6 dragons objective is a complete contrary to the Enraged event; I have to say that one part is super dumb.

This is the up-side of the smaller player tiers. With my losses as well, I managed to place in the top 30.
  • Colbey
    Colbey Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sarkhan the Mad & Sorin, Grim Nemesis & an open node.

I don't own Sarkhan.

Sorin: Summon 6+ vampires (2 medals) and win the fight with </= 20 life (1 medal).

Open: Energize 6+ gems (2 medals) and summon 2+ vehicles (1 medal).
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone remember the rewards for top5?
  • Monkeynutts85
    Monkeynutts85 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lili 2 summoning 6 vampires and casting 1 or less spells...

Garruk summoning 6 supports and 4 creatures....HE CAN ONLY HAVE 4 CREATURES IN THE DECK....

Another poor set up of objectives..... Garruk who can summing creatures has ALL 3 abilities redundant for the objective.

Bring back planeswalkers creating creatures that trigger objectives. im sick of having 5+ planeswalkers who are useless in events because they contribute nothing when summoning creatures with their abilities.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use it to your advantage. Use garruk on the green node of nop ;)