Alliance Event Question

astrp3
astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have a rookie question about alliance events.

The subnode missions refresh (become available to play) long before the boss mission does (right now, there is a 3.5-hour difference for me). I know that if you wait until the boss mission refreshes and start with it, you get to do one extra boss node mission per refresh. In the Galactus event, an alliance mate told me I should wait for the boss mission to refresh and do it first. Being a total newbie at the time, I listened. But it seems like if you start with the subnodes and do them as soon as they refresh, you would get in several extra rounds before the event ended, which is much better. In the past two events, I didn't worry about it that much, since with my roster, by the time we got to round 7, I wasn't even able to finish most subnodes (plus, I didn't have all the required characters), but we are currently on round 7 and so far, Ultron is a pussycat (relatively speaking) so I'm thinking about sticking with doing the subnodes early.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sub missions refresh every 8 hours too, they just do it at set times (noon, 8PM and 2AM EST). You aren't getting more clears by playing them earlier. The Boss node is where the big points is, so it is in your interest to play it as many times as possible.
    Granted, it is impossible to wait for the Boss node to refresh every time - if you don't think you can do 6 boss fights in the window before the sub missions refresh you may as well open it up early and position yourself better for the next refresh window.