Will new 4* characters Crashes still be skipped?

stochasticism
stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The stated rule for a character to have a crash is that they need to have a second PvE that rewarded them so that players can cover them. Given the new system of vaulting, players will have no problem covering these characters, Is there any reason for this rule now?

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Nooooo! Don't give them any ideas! Do you want to HAVE to open tokens now to fully cover **** characters earlier?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the last couple runs, it looks like it went something like

Run 1 (New Characters A introduced)
    Run 2 (A characters added, B characters introduced)
    Run 3 (B characters added, C characters introduced)

They just keep adding so many characters so quickly, it seems like it takes forever to get into rotation.
  • stochasticism
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    From the last couple runs, it looks like it went something like

Run 1 (New Characters A introduced)
    Run 2 (A characters added, B characters introduced)
    Run 3 (B characters added, C characters introduced)

They just keep adding so many characters so quickly, it seems like it takes forever to get into rotation.

Exactly. With the current crash rotation and the speed with which characters rotate out of tokens it may be the case that characters are out of tokens before their first crash if this policy stays in place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Minor correction: The character would need to be awarded twice as a placement reward before being eligble. That's why War Machine was skipped: He had been essential twice but only awarded during his release (the fall run of Civil War had Winter Soldier and Cyclops as rewards but then War Machine was essential in the next PvE).
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    It looks like Venom(Agent Venom) will not be run next, as the preview lists X-23 as the next crash.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    If i remember correctly, Birgby mentioned that the new characters get added after they have 2 PVE events completed. That gives people enough time to cover the missing people.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    alvinlal wrote:
    If i remember correctly, Birgby mentioned that the new characters get added after they have 2 PVE events completed. That gives people enough time to cover the missing people.

And OPs point is that with only 12 four-star characters in the Legendary tokens, it doesn't take near as long to get them covered in the first place, so is the wait for 2 PVE events still necessary?
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    JHawkInc wrote:
    alvinlal wrote:

And OPs point is that with only 12 four-star characters in the Legendary tokens, it doesn't take near as long to get them covered in the first place, so is the wait for 2 PVE events still necessary?
    We'll have them all fully covered but it will take 2 pve runs to have the enough iso to level them all to the point of being competitive enough to beat the crash.lol.on a serious note,they may trim it down to one pve before they get the go ahead for the crash.that would seem to be a reasonable amount of time.
  • stochasticism
    Lytes420 wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    alvinlal wrote:

We'll have them all fully covered but it will take 2 pve runs to have the enough iso to level them all to the point of being competitive enough to beat the crash.lol.on a serious note,they may trim it down to one pve before they get the go ahead for the crash.that would seem to be a reasonable amount of time.

It only takes about 20k iso to get them to a crash ready level, i.e. a days ISO.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Agent Venom is being skipped at least.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards

It only takes about 20k iso to get them to a crash ready level, i.e. a days ISO.

Indeed, level 120 works for me on all my crash only characters so far. I had done xfw before but he's the first I have taken above 120 to get it done that isn't a top tier champ. I must have gotten really lucky last rotation with him.