Opened my hoard for Hawkeye

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Quick backstory: I'm a 5* transitioner, with Phoenix at level 450 and OML at level 420. I have 34 championed 4*s. I've been hoarding commandpoints.png and token_legendary.png since late November with the hope of pulling from a 5* release character store and covering one new 5* in one shot. With Hawkeye coming out and his kit looking like a lot of fun, I decided to go for it. I opened around 2300 CP worth of "Bag of Tricks" tokens, and here are the results.

Note: I did this in the brief window when Bonus Heroes had better odds, and before Coulson and Mordo replaced Moon Knight and Kate Bishop. I have Old Man Logan set as my only bonus 5* because I'm close to finishing him. I have all of the older 4*s who I have championed set as bonus heroes so I can add champ levels to them.

Results:
icon_blade.pngblackflag.png 2
icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png 2
icon_wintersoldier.pngblueflag.png 1
icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png 1
icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png 1
icon_caroldanvers.pnggreenflag.png 5
icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png 4
icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png 1
GwenpoolIcon.PNGblackflag.png 4
GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.png 1
token_legendary.pngicon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png 3
token_legendary.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png 2
token_legendary.pngicon_hawkeye.pngredflag.png 4
icon_katebishop.pngblackflag.png 2
icon_katebishop.pngblueflag.png 5
icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png 1
icon_lukecage.pngredflag.png 3
icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png 4
medusa_icon.pngpurpleflag.png 3
medusa_icon.pngredflag.png 2
icon_moonknight.pngblackflag.png 2
icon_moonknight.pnggreenflag.png 1
icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png 2
icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png 1
token_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png 1
token_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.pngredflag.png 1
icon_peggycarter.pngblueflag.png 2
icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png 6
icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png 2
icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png 1
Riri_Icon.pngblueflag.png 3
Riri_Icon.pngredflag.png 3
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGblackflag.png 6
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGpurpleflag.png 1
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGredflag.png 3
icon_starlord.pngredflag.png 1
icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png 1
icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png 1
Agent icon_venom.pngblackflag.png 1
Agent icon_venom.pngredflag.png 2
Agent icon_venom.pngyellowflag.png 2
wasp_icon.pngblackflag.png 2
wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png 3
wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png 4
icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png 1

Summary: Opened 94 Bag of Tricks, and got 9 Hawkeyes (a little under 10%), plus I got 10 bonus heroes (11% rate). Two of the bonus heroes were Old Man Logans -- but I could only use the red one. Ended up with a 2/3/4 Hawkeye who is already a LOT of fun to play around with, especially with Wasp, Starlord, Carol, Medusa, IM40, Peggy, etc. Now I have a few months while Hawkeye works his way through Latest Legends to get the last 4 covers. Very exciting! Hoarding works!

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like all that waiting was worth it for you. Happy for you, mate! Enjoy!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great to see you've had better luck with your hoard. Pulled half the amount I did and gotten 2 more bonus heroes at 5* than I
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I have more than 20 CP for more than 5 Minutes that's my definition of Willpower
    so bravo to you for not being as spineless as me
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Note: I did this in the brief window when Bonus Heroes had better odds

Does anyone have any insight into this? I recalled seeing this in the info on the store, saved up until I got 25 CP, and then realized right after my pull that this info was gone. I was concerned I'd imagined it until I read this.

Was the window announced anywhere? How long did it exist? Will it exist again?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,402 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I have more than 20 CP for more than 5 Minutes that's my definition of Willpower

i got around 500 cp no reason to spend it cause i doubt i get any 5 stars and am WAY too low in ISO to max out 4s (though they all got 13 covers..
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

I used to hold 120CP for emergency "I just need one more cover before this expires!" situations and then spent every 20CP afterwards.
    Now though I'm just going to hoard. I have several 13-cover 4*s in that current vault and not enough ISO to champ them all if I get a 14th cover for them. So I'm just going to hoard everything until my ISO demands settle down (sold some maxed 2*s and will need ISO to re-champ them, too.)

I've never felt quite so ISO starved as I do right now...
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Back when the Bag of Tricks tokens were available, I ended up with a 10-cover Hawkeye after spending all of my saved CP. Now that he's in the Latest Legends tokens, I opened my hoard of tokens, and dipped into my mini-hoard of CP. Here are the results:

Started with:
    0/0/0 Black Panther
    0/0/1 Thanos
    2/4/4 Hawkeye

I pulled:
    6 Thanos covers (4 green, 2 purple) -- I asked CS to swap a green for a black, just because.
    4 Black Panther covers (3 yellow, 1 red)
    3 Hawkeye covers (1 purple, 2 red) -- I just sent an email to Customer Service requesting they swap one of the reds for a purple, and he's gonna be covered when they fulfill that.

Now I've got:
    0/3/1 Black Panther
    0/2/4 Thanos
    3/4/6 Hawkeye

Here are the 4*s I pulled if anyone's interested. I opened 90 total tokens, 13 of which were 5*s (14.4%). Of the 77 4*s, I got 4 bonus heroes (5.2%), so everything was right around expected odds. I guess that's nice? Also roughly 2/3 of the covers were usable.
    spiderwoman 11
    mordo 10
    captainmarvel 8
    riri 7
    wasp 7
    agentvenom 6
    powerman 6
    coulson 5
    gwenpool 5
    medusa 5
    peggy 5
    blade 3
    captain falcon 1
    cyclops 1
    nickfury 1

I was able to use the champ levels for Power Man, Wasp, Peggy, Capt. Marvel, and Spider-Woman. I've already sold off my excess Riri and Mordo covers because I'm not going to use them any time soon. Next move is to champ Medusa, then decide if I want to champ one of the other 4*s (Blade?), wait for Coulson to be finished (stuck on 1/5/5) or move on to leveling Hawkeye!!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay, hoarding! Glad to hear it's worked out for you. icon_e_smile.gif