Court Death not firing after criticals

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
So I'm using Thanos (5/3/5) and I killed a goon with a critical and Court Death did not fire. I then did it twice more (lucky board) and Court Death did not fire even after my next match. I thought it might just be a delay. It was not.

I feel Court Death should fire after an enemy is downed, right? Not if an enemy is downed, unless you still have more turn.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    the power tends to not fire if the enemy is downed by a match 5 (or a critical before the extra turn starts)
    known bug other topics already exist
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    I noticed this playing ultron sentries as well when using 2-star hawkeye. I wasn't sure if it didn't fire due to the speed shot firing, or the critical tile. Either way, I killed a sentry in that turn and expected court death to finish off the remaining sentries.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I think the title is mis-leading... as far as I can tell, the issue is will passive abilities and/or cascades.

Since a 5-match has a higher chance of triggering a cascade, it seems to be the trigger.

Best way to verify is by creating a "corner 5"... which is far less likely to cascade. These types of match-5s do not seem to prevent Court Death nearly as frequently...

Best reliability I've had: kill with a power, or a "simple" match that you know is unlikely to cause a cascade...

icon_rolleyes.gif