Vacancy: PVP thread poster

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
I have some work commitments and trips coming up that will prevent me from posting the PVP and season threads in as timely a manner as I would like. I should be okay for the Space Gem season, but after that... So it looks like my 18 months or so of doing these is coming to an end, perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently.

Rather than just stop posting, wondering if anyone would notice, I'm offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for fame, fortune, and the occasional reputation point to whoever wants to try to live up to my posting awesomeness.

The task: Creating each PVP event thread. Creating and keeping up to date the season threads. Keeping up to date the PVP events thread. Creating and keeping up to date the season ranking threads. Every now and then getting something wrong, just to check if anyone reads the threads. Playing with names or descriptions, just because you're bored.

The qualifications needed: enough knowledge of Excel to handle contents of ranges (adding new characters) and edit formulae (one day we'll have SCL 9+, the spreadsheet will need to be updated to cope). (Trust me, without the spreadsheet the task takes 10 times longer.) Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope.

The timescale: Up to the successful applicant; individual events / one season / open-ended / as long as the forum exists / you'll have to pry this from my cold dead hands / other.

The rewards: The satisfaction of a job well done.

If this sounds like you, PM me, get your people to talk to my people about setting up a meeting, and we'll go from there.

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beyond my skills - but thanks for doing them up till now!
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Bumping, because reasons.

Reason 1: late-notice trip to Rarotonga (work, not holiday) for a week starting next Tuesday
    Reason 2: to tell people I'm going to Rarotonga (work, not holiday, but I have the weekend free)
    Reason 3: when I get back, I'm home for only a week before a trip to the old country (UK) for nearly 4 weeks.

I'll carry on posting the PVP event threads until someone volunteers to take up the torch, but real life is getting in the way.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate to say it, but if it comes down to it, just let it drop and someone else can pick it up.

I had a 2-3 month break myself a while back. I added a comment to the top of each PVE event thread asking for support / calling out a break was coming up. Then I left. Other people filled in, none of the events were missed, and everyone was happyTM
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I'll carry on posting the PVP event threads until someone volunteers to take up the torch, but real life is getting in the way.
    I guess since I don't have much of a real life to get in the way, I'll volunteer as tribute. icon_cry.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I have some work commitments and trips coming up that will prevent me from posting the PVP and season threads in as timely a manner as I would like. I should be okay for the Space Gem season, but after that... So it looks like my 18 months or so of doing these is coming to an end, perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently

Thanks for always creating and updating the PVP threads. I was going to suggest this be stickied until you find a replacement but it looks like jojeda654 has stepped up to the plate (thanks!). This is the type of posts that maintain the playerbase and you guys should receive 1 LT or some ISO per month for doing all this work on the forums (like the Mods). When it gets to the point where you need to choose between the Forums and your real job, you should be rewarded for assisting on the forums.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I guess since I don't have much of a real life to get in the way, I'll volunteer as tribute. icon_cry.gif

Your self-sacrifice is noted, and will be rewarded in heaven, where the beer volcano is ever-flowing.

No takesy-backsy.

After work when I get home tonight I'll make sure everything is up to date (the events thread is a week or so behind, the compendium of seasons thread doesn't yet include Space Gem, probably a few other things), then ask a mod to give you edit permissions on those posts.

Moving to PM.