8th OML Red Cover

Dxl
Dxl Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd like to get the thoughts of the community as I've been brushed off by customer services for this issue.

To cut a long story short, I pulled my 8th OML Red cover today and since he's not champed, I'll have to bin him yet again.

I've been playing consistently over the past two years (day 739) and also supported the game by spending around $1000 on the game so far.

I still have no champed 5* at this point (yes fail I know!) despite my dedication in both pvp and over and given those circumstances, I would have thought customer services would be understanding enough to at least swap the cover?

I've kept track of all my pulls from April 2016 and it's been poor for 5* generally. The last time I actually pulled a OML cover was actually back in September 2016.

Suffice to say, they've showed no understanding and brushed me off. Is it worth pursuing this further if you were me? They don't seem to care to be honest so I don't know where else I can take this further.

Comments

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    They have a stated policy that's been in place for a while now: only doing cover swaps for 5* characters in Latest Legends.

Why do you think you are an exception to the circumstances their policy was written in full awareness of?

Targeted CP purchase versus 36 pulls is a topic that might do with some revisited math this month....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2 black OML dupe understands your frustration
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. They won't help you. Nothing you can do will change that. I'm right there with you with my 5/1/0 Goblin.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Dxl wrote:
    I'd like to get the thoughts of the community as I've been brushed off by customer services for this issue.

To cut a long story short, I pulled my 8th OML Red cover today and since he's not champed, I'll have to bin him yet again.

I've been playing consistently over the past two years (day 739) and also supported the game by spending around $1000 on the game so far.

I still have no champed 5* at this point (yes fail I know!) despite my dedication in both pvp and over and given those circumstances, I would have thought customer services would be understanding enough to at least swap the cover?

I've kept track of all my pulls from April 2016 and it's been poor for 5* generally. The last time I actually pulled a OML cover was actually back in September 2016.

Suffice to say, they've showed no understanding and brushed me off. Is it worth pursuing this further if you were me? They don't seem to care to be honest so I don't know where else I can take this further.

It's worth pursuing. They make a one time exception. And it is only once so make good use of it. Unless you have used it already. Then you're fracked.

Just be nice but persistent.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    yeah, I know it hurts, but nothing can be done under existing policies.

I just pulled 5th yellow OML, so I'll likely be in your shoes as well.

You could blow 720 CP on the other cards.

Think better strategy is to save up a bunch of CP and tokens and then open in latest only. You won't get OML, but you will likely fully cover whoever is in latest. I've heard your odds are pretty safe to fully cover all 3 latest characters if you have 300 latest pulls.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    It's worth pursuing. They make a one time exception. And it is only once so make good use of it. Unless you have used it already. Then you're fracked.

They certainly didn't do that for me.
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I increase to 13 black OML!
    4 red and - surprise, surprise - no OML yellow icon_redface.gif
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    firethorne wrote:
    thisone wrote:

Me neither, they didn't make a one time exception for me either when I got my 6th oml yellow from the daily resupply that they changed from black, which I could have used.

They told me they only do it for latest, no exceptions. I replied with a picture of someone from my alliance who wad in the exact same boat as me whom they did help and asked why me and my alliance mate with the same request gets denied for me but approved for him.

They replied by saying they don't make exceptions, despite picture evidence that they did for him and told me that they can't discuss other players cs conversations.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    spiderpool wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    thisone wrote:

Me neither, they didn't make a one time exception for me either when I got my 6th oml yellow from the daily resupply that they changed from black, which I could have used.

They told me they only do it for latest, no exceptions. I replied with a picture of someone from my alliance who wad in the exact same boat as me whom they did help and asked why me and my alliance mate with the same request gets denied for me but approved for him.

They replied by saying they don't make exceptions, despite picture evidence that they did for him and told me that they can't discuss other players cs conversations.

I don't want to get banned.

If anyone wants to discuss in more detail add me on LINE mantismpq

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dxl
    Dxl Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I actually didn't know it was policy, but then again I don't really frequent these boards.

Appreciate the feedback though, I was interested to see if people had much luck but it seems not.

It takes so long to keep crafting emails to CS, to then be told they can't do anything so I'm not sure if I have the will to keep going.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    You need to adjust your expectations. Consider every token pull as alternative ISO. Getting something usable is a bonus.

I've been playing since the beginning. Before championed characters I sold a lot of covers I couldn't use. It's what the game is.

You've spent $1000 on the game in 2 years...... you are a baby dolphin at best, not a whale. That feels like alot to you but objectively you aren't a major spender. Customer service won't go above and beyond for you, nor should they. Above and beyond is for the whales.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Nothing new here, I'm at 14/1/8 for OML with every single request brushed off

I've even had the misfortune of actually PLAYING the game, since I played past the OML cover which they just changed to yellow (I got the black cover which I could not use) and they outright REFUSED to change it for me to yellow, which, as you can see above, I really REALLY need

This is outright stupid and I've sealed my wallet since, I suggest you do the same