Confusing SHIELD intercept

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
You know the ad where a girl asks a guy to send her resources because he's a noob, and then in thanks she sends him INVASION? I've seen the ad identify the game as both Vikings: War of Clans and Throne of War. WTH?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultimately I'm sure they both amount to "pay us money or get dominated forever," so I'm not sure the actual title matters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny, I noticed that as well!!! I've definitely seen it as Vikings, but then I also saw it as Throne of War as well.

I'm always curious if anyone here has downloaded any of those games. Are any of them any good? I downloaded Word Cookies, and I play it whenever I'm traveling underground and don't have the internet connectivity required to play MPQ. It's quite good!

I'm a bit terrified to get another game other than MPQ... I don't know if I have the energy to collect a whole different set of stuff, level them up, build them, train them, etc.

Although I do also play Clash of Clans, because my husband plays it.
  • Cousin Simpson
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'm always curious if anyone here has downloaded any of those games. Are any of them any good?

I downloaded Star Trek: Timelines because I'm a bigger Trek nerd than I a Marvel nerd, and I like it a lot! The problem is that it's pretty brutal to F2P players. Actually, there are two problems, that one and the fact that it's just as addictive as MPQ.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Jarvind wrote:
    Ultimately I'm sure they both amount to "pay us money or get dominated forever," so I'm not sure the actual title matters.

Yeah, sorry for the clickbait.

Well, I'm not that sorry.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been intrigued by ads for Hidden City & Seeker's Notes, but reviews make them sound like a heavily monetized F2P.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I've been intrigued by ads for Hidden City & Seeker's Notes, but reviews make them sound like a heavily monetized F2P.

I tried Hidden City but got bored with it after a few days. I'm not sure how it manages to get people to pay, since the gameplay is just looking for objects in the picture - it seems all you buy is items for hints, bypassing the only gameplay. Possible I didn't play it far enough.

The two that I've tried from these ads and not deleted are Angry Birds Blast and Hungry Sharks. Both are fine for casual F2P, though AB Blast may make you feel stuck on some levels for a while now & then. I haven't bought anything in either.